Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well being of our company.
- Estimate costs for stamping dies, checking fixtures, engineering changes, die modifications, service and maintenance, production panels, etc.
- Prepare Quotes and Breakdown Sheets as required for New RFQ’s and existing ECN’s.
- Prepares specific reports as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data, analyse company data, exchange rates and prices.
- Maintains quote logs, quote files, and issues any historical status reports as requested.
- Facilitates quotation review meetings for management approval of all quotations.
- Reviews formal quotations to the customers, including their specific cost break down forms, with notations of any specific requirements, suggestions, or exceptions.
- Reviews engineering changes submitted or requested by the customer to determine if there will be any cost or process impact.
- Participates in “on-line” contract bidding as required.
- Read /interpret blueprints, GD&T and technical documents to prepare estimates.
- Prepare presentation material as required to support New Business technical reviews
- Prepare departmental budgets for awarded jobs.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Tool & Die Certificate and 2 years’ experience in Tool & Die (after apprenticeship), or Certified Machinist or equivalent
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.),
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.