Our client is the North America wing of a global leader in the export and supply of agricultural products. The company is managing trading activities in many verticals including grains, pulses, oilseeds, nuts and spices, sugar, coffee, tea, fertilizer, and rice in over 40 countries around the world, with more than 280 warehouses and processing facilities around the world, the company moves many million tons of special grains. Currently the company is experiencing a period of rapid business growth in North America and Europe.
Competitive base salary with an uncapped bonus structure and benefits.
The Grain Trader will focus on marketing and developing the European Market. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within a team environment, demonstrate sound decision-making aptitude and ability to deliver client service excellence. The Grain Trader will be responsible for the overall development of the trading market, to work simultaneously with producers procuring grain and buyers. The successful candidate must be able to work with a diverse group of people and build effective long-lasting relationships, must be able to work independently and be detail oriented with excellent time management, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aggressively explore potential markets to attract business ndash; expand existing network of clients.
- As a positive company ambassador, develop and maintain strong relationships with producers and buyers.
- Strong risk management skills and knowledge: proactively manage for optimal outcomes.
- Effective resolution of producer complaints and concerns.
- Keep up to date with grain trends and market conditions to ensure competitiveness.
- Administer, promote and adhere to purchase, sale and production contracts, ensuring compliance with all related policies and process.
- Full cycle management of contracts from the point of shipping to receiving proper payments.
- Collaborating with Supply Chain and Logistic team.
- Problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Establish, implement, and accomplish short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Promote and nourish positive relations with key customer and brokers at all levels.
- Showing proficiency in retention of existing business.
- Work in compliance with the client Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- Degree in Agribusiness, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of agricultural commodity trading experience.
- An Established network in major world agricultural markets.
- A fundamental understanding of the supply chain and logistics of agricultural business.
- Possess and demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Crop Commodities trading experience and a solid understanding of European market an asset.
- Possess excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Proven record of accomplishments for generating business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable partnering with an executive leadership team, resulting in the development and implementation of creative and flexible business strategies.
- Knowledgeable of international trade terminology
- Fluent in European language (French/ Spanish) is an asset.
Diploma in Logistics or related field.
Mila Chavdarova, Recruitment Client Engagement Coordinator
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Mila Chavdarova: http://stoakley.com/meet-mila-chavdarova
June 14, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage