|Job Title:||Community Care Assistant (Community Health Worker)|
|Work Site:||Various areas across Vancouver Coastal Health|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$22.38 - $24.47 per hour|
Come work as a Community Care Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Health Care Assistants to support teams across the organization as Community Care Assistants. Apply today to join our team!
We currently have opportunities available in the following regions:
- Richmond, BC
- North Shore, BC
- Vancouver, BC
As a Community Care Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work under the direction of the health care team to provide home support services to clients.
- Assist clients with varied levels of care, observe, and report significant changes in the client’s presentation.
- Collaborate with the health care team, clients and their caregivers to maximize independence with activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs).
- Motivate, encourage, and involve clients in their care.
- Provide input and feedback in the care planning process to the health care team.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program.
- Current/Active Registration with BC Community Health Worker and Care Aide Registry.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
- Experience interacting with persons with dementia, geriatric and/or palliative population will be an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of client-centered care and promoting independence
- Knowledge and ability to operate mechanical lifts, following safe work procedures
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
- Basic knowledge of self-care and motivational support
- Demonstrates correct use of body-mechanics and knowledge of injury prevention.
- Communicates effectively and in a culturally safe manner with client, caregivers and health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in verbal, nonverbal, and written skills through a variety of communication methods (e.g. paper and/or electronic chart, telephone and in-person).
- Ability to organize workload priorities within a team environment.
- Ability to take direction from the health care team and clients
- Home management skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of Gentle Persuasion Approach Techniques (GPA)
- Ability to motivate clients and encourage progression through therapeutic goals
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriate in a workplace setting.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.