Job DescriptionJob Title: Community DietitianWork Site: Home Health, Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time - Baseline-With End Date (0.56 FTE)Start Date: JAN 27, 2020Salary: $34.26 - $42.73 per hourHours:
Days off: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 124247-jmc
Come work as a Communtiy Dietician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dietician to join the Home Health team at Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre as a Community Dietician. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Dietician with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Apply a population health approach in advocating, developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition and health programs.
- Develop and support food security interventions.
- Act as a consultant to staff, community agencies and stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, reliable, evidence based nutrition assessment and consultation to the designated population group.
- Collaborate with members of the health care team and participate in practice-based research projects.
- Participate in chronic disease management initiatives within Vancouver Community, Vancouver Coastal Health and Provincial stakeholders.
- Create supportive environments that promote healthy eating and active living behaviours.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition from an accredited university plus two years recent related experience in community nutrition and food security projects/activities or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Graduate of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship program.
- Current and ongoing registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Reserved Act A is required to practice.
- Local area travel requires use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical nutrition theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of relevant Acts and Regulations with regards to nutrition requirements, standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Considerable knowledge of enteral nutrition.
- Broad knowledge of parenteral nutrition.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse, marginalized populations
- Computer literacy and ability to operate a computerized client medical record information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.