Job DescriptionJob Title: Community Health Nurse (RN)Work Site: Home Care Nursing, Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately March 6, 2020Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: 0800-1630/ 1300-2130, with rotating days offReference#: 122643-smu
Come work as a Community Health Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Richmond Continuing Health Services team as a Community Health Nurse. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse with VCH you will:
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers.
- Assess service eligibility, and facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan.
- Deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporate current evidence into practice.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two years’ recent clinical experience that is relevant to the specific clinical area of employment.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNP standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals and providers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to nursing treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.