|Job Title:||Community Health Nurse (RN) (Training may be offered)*|
Various community health centres within VCH.
Please indicate your preference of work location.
For current/experienced Community Health Nurses, start date is as soon as possible. Or, the 8-week training cohort starts January 18 to March 12, 2021.
|Salary:||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Come work as a Community Health Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the Home Health team as Community Health Nurses. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse, you will:
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan.
- Deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
POSSIBLE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Check out this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeWZ-RKgvkc/
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may offer an 8-week Community Health Nurse training program - start date: January 18 to March 12, 2021. Cover letter and resume are required if applying for the Training Program.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with VCH in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired for VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One year recent related clinical experience in a relevant clinical area working with complex clients/patients with chronic health conditions and/or functional mobility issues including recent experience in care and transition planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle or other accepted mode of transportation.
Knowledge & Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to provide client-focused, trauma informed, Harm reduction, and culturally safe care in completing initial and ongoing client assessments and interventions.
Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to assess safety and risk prior to entering familiar and unfamiliar home environments and to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
Problem Solving - Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioral issues, and employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches, techniques, and strategies related to goals of care, transitions and end of life care.
Independence – Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize clients and promote cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
Resiliency - Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and promote client-focused care with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
Collaboration - Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team with clients/caregivers to holistically assess/plan/monitor a wide variety of health challenges in the home/community setting and transitions through care continuums
Documentation – Demonstrated ability to document timely and appropriate information in an electronic medical record (EMR) reporting assessments, decisions about client status, plans, interventions and client outcomes. Ability to effectively use related computer software, applications, and devices.
Confidentiality - Demonstrated ability to maintain client/caregivers’ privacy and confidentiality with respect to communication, documentation, and data, including when travelling between client homes and office/care settings
Communication – Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals; maintains professional boundaries in relationships in home and community settings. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
Facilitation & Coaching – demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach employing teaching/learning strategies, adult education principles, methods and tools to transfer knowledge and engage clients/families in planning and self-management of care
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.