Employment Type: Purchase of Service/ As Needed
Immigrant Services Guelph Wellington, Guelph Community Health Centre, and the County of Wellington have collaborated in the development of a resource pool of interpreters/ translators who are contracted to provide our organizations with interpretation/translation services.
We are currently looking for skilled interpreters/ translators to provide service in the following languages:
If you are an enthusiastic professional with impeccable language skills in both English and another language, and are looking for a flexible work schedule, we would love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be contracted by any of the three organizations, when the organization has an internal requirement or external request for interpretation or translation services. As a contracted interpreter/translator you will be providing support to our staff in the completion of their work, or to assist other organizations with their interpretation or translation needs.
- Must be a native English speaker or possess ESL language skills at a Level 7 or higher.
- Must possess fluent language skill in at least one other language. Current priority languages are listed.
- Previous interpretation/ translation experience is an asset however preference will be given to candidates that have attained the Community Interpreter Language and Interpreting Skills Assessment Tool (CILSAT) or Interpreter Language and Skills Assessment Tool (ILSAT).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well presented, client focused, and be a dedicated team player.
- Must maintain confidentiality and adhere to a strict code of professional ethics for interpreters.
- Successful candidates must complete and submit a Vulnerable Sector police background check (at your expense).