Job DescriptionJob Title: Community Mental Health Clinician 2 - GeriatricWork Site: Cambie Older Adult Mental Health & Addictions - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately January 2021Salary: $34.95 - $43.58 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday and statutory holidaysReference#: 129863-jmc
Come work as a Community Mental Health Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Mental Health Clinician with a Master's Degree in a Behavioural Science to join the Cambie Older Adult Mental Health and Addictions team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Mental Health Clinician, you will:
- Provide client care to the seriously mentally ill geriatric population and who are at risk due to a combination of psychiatric symptoms, complex medical/social factors or significant caregiver stress.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCEVANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other Behavioral Sciences with three years post Master’s, or equivalent and relevant years of pre Master’s psychiatric experience. OR, Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other Behavioral Sciences with three years post Master’s psychiatric experience in geriatric programs.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice within a client centered approach to the geriatric population.
- Sound knowledge of crisis intervention and community resources.
- Demonstrated psychiatric assessment, counseling, and case co-ordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to community effectively, both verbally and in the writing of reports, correspondence and other documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing workload.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- A willingness to work in a culturally diverse population.
- Geriatric Community Mental Health Clinician
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to prepare case summaries and clinical records.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.