The goal of Home Concierge is to enrich the lives of Canadian seniors and their loved ones with its customized approach to meeting their unique and evolving needs. We are dedicated to go above and beyond in everything we do in order to provide the seniors we serve with peace of mind for their well-being, ensuring they have an exceptional, personalized experience.
This role is perfect for retirees, stay-at-home parents and new Canadians seeking flexibility in their work schedule while pursuing meaningful work. No certification required – we’re hiring humble, hungry and people smart individuals to serve our senior members!
Home Concierge is delighted to offer team members complete flexibility in their working hours and offer rewards and benefits based on total hours worked. Every team member is eligible to earn loyalty paid days off, vacation days, RRSP matching and pension contribution and a Health Spending Account! You will not have a set schedule of hours as a team member with Home Concierge - you'll have access to select the hours you want to work via our custom mobile phone App.
We are looking to hire a Companion with a passion for forming connections with those they serve. We’re looking for a skilled relationship builder with an entrepreneurial mindset. To be a companion you are not required to have any certifications. It is the perfect job if you are a retiree, a single parent or a new Canadian seeking flexibility in your work schedule.
As a Companion, you are responsible for providing emotional support and non-medical services that improve the lives of the seniors you serve. Your efforts will allow those you serve to thrive at home by supporting areas such as meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.), participating with senior in customized activities, or escorting to an appointment or for grocery shopping (transportation would be coordinated).
As a Companion, your core responsibility will be building and maintaining meaningful relationships with the seniors and their families. In doing so, you will enable your clients to continue living independently in the place they call home.
As a founding member of this growing business you will also be involved in the ongoing use and provision of feedback on the custom-built app that will power our service.
Additionally, you will participate in the recruitment and onboarding of additional team members.
The finer details:
· Variable shift times allowing for increased flexibility as determined by you. Use our proprietary scheduling app to accept available shifts that suit your schedule!
· Potential for full-time hours
. Flexibility in working evenings & weekends
· Tiered reward system based on the amount of shifts you choose to accept. Rewards may include a cell phone stipend and meal vouchers to a health spending account, RRSP matching and pension contributions!
· Client homes are located throughout Newmarket, specifically in Tottenham.
· Position open until filled
Why Work for Home Concierge?
Be a part of making history: Service offering is in the Newmarket and Tottenham area with potential to expand across the country. As a founding team member you play a role in shaping the future of the business and the people we serve and are provided the opportunity for growth into new roles as the business grows.
Help seniors retain their lifestyle in their home: Your role as a Companion at Home Concierge positively impacts each client you work with, enabling them to remain independent & age gracefully in the home they know & love
Be part of shaping the future of senior care: Canada will need over 800,000 long-term care beds by 2050 – over 2.5 times what we have now. By reinventing at-home care, you are developing a sustainable solution to ensure the wellbeing of Canada’s aging population
You are supported in & rewarded in your work: Working at Home Concierge comes with a strong support network of coordinators and mentors, competitive salary and benefits including a unique rewards system designed to motivate you based on the amount of services you provide to our members.
You have room to grow as a leader: The Companion position develops leadership skills & provides opportunities for career progression to management roles within our rapidly growing firm
You are supported by cutting edge technology: The Home Concierge app puts scheduling, payment, and client profile access at your fingertips – keeping you one step ahead as you deliver first-class care
What do you need to qualify?
· Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage and support the seniors you care for – experience caregiving / fostering relationships with seniors is a plus
· Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible to meet the changing priorities of a pilot project
· Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive issues or situations independently
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
· Own a smartphone and comfortable with using apps
· Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health & safety practices, principles & legislation
· Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation & maintaining immunizations
· Valid G class drivers’ licence, valid automobile insurance and willing to travel throughout Newmarket, specifically in Tottenham.
· Familiarity with retirement industry resources is considered an asset
If Home Concierge sounds like the place for you, let’s talk. Please submit your application to join our team!
Visit us at https://www.thehomeconcierge.ca/ for details about our exciting service offering.