Your leadership matters.
Are you a numbers person? Data wizard? Enjoy working with business leaders to help them bring ideas to life? All in a dynamic and fun environment? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
Working under the direction of the Total Rewards Manager, the Compensation Specialist provides consultation, advice and support on various Total Rewards operational activities and initiatives that are aligned with Prospera’s corporate goals and total rewards philosophy.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop and write job descriptions to accurately describe job content
- Assist and collaborate, as appropriate, in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review and incentive program for all employees
- Conduct various compensation-related analysis that may involve various data modeling scenarios and identifies cost impact of program recommendations
- Participate in salary survey activities, including data collection, organization and submission of data to external parties
- Assist in the analysis and review of job classification and reclassification requests; quality controls the job classification process for both existing positions and newly created positions, performing job audits as appropriate
- Conduct research on various reward program subjects and formulate scenarios regarding development of reward programs in accordance with company policies, government legislation and business requirements
- Maintain and update compensation info and the job description on Prospera’s intranet
- Assist in modification of compensation related guidelines and procedures, as appropriate
- Partner with the HRIS Analyst to ensure data integrity of the HRIS database by updating required information on regular basis
- Respond to manager and employee requests, providing advice on broad-based compensation matters
- Support the delivery of new compensation related initiatives from project management to implementation while championing change through communication and education of initiative
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a Compensation/Total Rewards role
- Previous experience of analyzing and evaluating job content and writing job descriptions
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a demanding work environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong ability to prioritize to meet deadlines. Strong sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently; self-starter
- University degree in business discipline an asset, but not required
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility! Just because our head office is in Abbotsford, doesn’t mean you have to be five days a week. We allow the variety of office space, whether you work from head office, a branch, your home office or a coffee shop, we want your best work no matter where that is!
- Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your spring board.
- Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
- Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
- Community Focused: We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community minded activities throughout the year.
Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
Please apply for our Compensation Specialist opportunity to Avanta Consulting by emailing email@example.com