KIK Custom Products is the manufacturing partner to some of the world's largest retailers and brand owners. Our extensive portfolio of liquid, aerosol, solid and semi-solid products spans a wide range of consumer goods. Nearly 60% of our products are personal care with the remainder made up of home care and over-the-counter categories. KIK's expansive network of 22 aerosol lines, 35 liquid/bottle lines, 2 fine fragrance lines and 15 tube lines can handle product runs in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Our product capabilities: Personal Care, Aerosol Fragrance Salon and Spa Medicated and Over-the-Counter (OTC), Home Care, and Pharmaceutical.
KCM Division's Rexdale, Ontario location provides a wide range of contract manufacturing services for companies looking to outsource various products such as pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and other care items. The Rexdale facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. Custom Division's Rexdale facility procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety of liquid personal care products.We are immediately searching fora Continental Night Shift Compounder in our Compounding Department reporting to the Compounding Supervisor.
We are immediately searching for a Continental Night Shift Compounder in our Compounding Department reporting to the Compounding Supervisor.
- Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow plant policies and procedures.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of WHMIS and MSDS.
- Be able to compound all batches, without supervision, and assist on some batches under supervision.
- Pump batches to specified holding tanks / totes.
- Remove garbage and empty drums for disposal as required.
- Develop and encourage a high level of positive work ethics and team building, understand and develop knowledge of continuous improvement
- Must be able to continuously learn to operate all compounding equipment in the department assigned.
- Review Chemical Batch Sets and secure chemicals from staging area and/ or weigh. Ensure that all Chemical Batch Sets are fully and accurately completed.
- Follow specified sampling procedures, sample finish batches upon completion, including samples from the D.I. Unit. Label and take samples to the lab for testing. Make batch adjustments prescribed by the lab when necessary. Re-sample if required.
- Maintain a tidy, clean and safe work area at all times while batching.
- Clean and sanitize equipment as required or assigned. Keep accurate log books on equipment.
- Must work towards obtaining towmotor certification.
- Have a working knowledge of inventory practices.
Qualifications / Certifications:
- Must be able to lift and carry weights and move 45-gallon drums from pallets.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent. College or University an asset.
- Forklift License /experience an asset.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Have a good mathematical aptitude.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to work rotating or continental shifts.
- Must be free from allergies to chemicals that we use.
- Basic computer experiences.
- Working knowledge of JDE, DSI, and Pallet Viewer an asset.
1. Constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
2. Working with unpleasant odors and fumes.
3. Constant heavy lifting and high noise levels.
4. Flammable, combustible, toxic and corrosive chemicals are present in working environment.
5. High-pressure environment, which is continually changing.
6. Must be able to enter confined spaces.
7. 2+ years of related experience required.
A Career With KIK offers:
- Very competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including pension program, health – dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and much more
- Business casual atmosphere, dynamic leadership
- Autonomy, training, personal and professional growth and development opportunities
Thank you for your consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer