Passionate to be THE Difference in Seniors Living
Quality is our Compass. We Build Communities that Care. We fulfill our Greatest Potential Everyday. Our Best Ideas come from Our People.
Dedicated to providing engaging lifestyle choices for retirement communities, Christenson Communities has been redefining what it means to "Age in Place" in today's society. Christenson Communities provides Independent, Supportive & Memory Care Living options for seniors in a diverse, active, vibrant and premier buildings across Alberta.
It takes a special kind of person to work at Southvalley Residence. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people's lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently seeking a Reception/Recreation Coordinator to join our team at our premier community in Valleyview, AB. This position will divide their time between both roles.
The Receptionist provides front line exceptional customer service to our residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, and other service providers. Areas of accountability include: Communications and Public Relations, Customer Service and Resident Relationship Management, Move Coordination (Designated Assisted Living and Independent Living), Amenities Management, General Administration and Reporting.
The Recreation Coordinator works with residents and allied professionals to plan, develop, implement and evaluate recreation programs in a person centered manner, which addresses resident needs and promotes overall safety. The Recreation Coordinator will work with residents, family members and volunteers to create an environment which fosters diversity, enables independence and dignity and provides the utmost opportunity for optimal wellness and self-actualization.
The core competencies of the Reception/Recreation Coordinator's role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Some Post-secondary education required
- Diploma/Degree in Recreation studies or adapted Physical Education preferred
- In lieu of education, extensive work experience with seniors may be considered
- Experience with seniors and/or people with disabilities required
- Minimum of 1 year working in the area of recreation/activity programming
- First Aid and CPR Certificate an Required AFLCA Older adult certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize
- Good judgment and ability to exercise discretion
- Motivated, creative and willing to take calculated risks
- Ability to self-initiate and also work well as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Compassionate, courteous and respectful
- Excellent observational skills and ability to determine urgency or reportable incidents
- Maintain a professional, but functional, appearance in dress and grooming
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check
- Involves extensive standing, walking, bending and lifting (up to 10kg is often required) dress should reflect this
- Requires the ability to critically assess the needs and abilities of the residents
Southvalley Residence offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package, opportunity for career growth and exceptional health benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.