Divine Flooring is a multi-award-winning designer flooring company dedicated to revealing the stunning beauty of natural wood. Based in Calgary, with additional locations in Edmonton, Vancouver, and Chicago, we've built our business in the fastest growing housing market in North America - western Canada. We showcase high-end flooring and custom wood finishes in new, elegant showrooms, paired with exceptional services. Through partnerships with global suppliers and manufacturers, dealers in Canada and the United States, and our huge social media presence, we now proudly serve the entire North American market
Divine Flooring is seeking a talented, Concrete Flooring Leveler to join our Calgary concrete team. This position will be a field position and will report to our Calgary head office.
Primary Job Purpose
The Concrete Leveler will smooth out, level and finish freshly poured concrete to prepare for installation of flooring at residential and commercial construction sites. This individual will ensure that quality is being maintained to meet or exceed Divine’s standards. In addition to smoothing and finishing concrete, the Concrete Leveler will assist in monitoring site inspections, examining concrete after forms are removed, surveying and estimating.
- Smooth out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete poured is level
- Pour driveways, sidewalks, homes, and parking lot curbs
- Level concrete using special tools, making sure all surfaces are flat and smooth
- Assist in conducting site inspections pre/post installation.
- Deliver materials to sites if necessary and ensuring the materials are added to the Company’s operating system.
- Ensure that jobs are being completed on schedule and on budget.
- Record site observations, health and safety statistics.
- Inspect, maintain and repair concrete pours at various job site throughout the city.
- Maintain cleanliness of job sites, service vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Complete hazard assessments, vehicle inspections and other safety documentation as outlined in the Company’s safety manual.
- Actively participate in service and site meetings.
- Obtain customer signatures on completed work orders
- Upload all paperwork, including but not limited to work orders, hazard assessments and photos to the Company’s operating system.
- Communicate with the service team in the office as required.
Skills Required – Technical
- Valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Considerable knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in concrete construction and maintenance
- Basic computer skills
Skills Required – Non Technical
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in concrete and construction industry
- Ability to travel to job sites and occasionally out of Alberta
- Knowledge of Estimating and Surveying is an asset
- Strong leadership capabilities and able to motivate and direct crews
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written
- Ability to work well individually with little supervision
- Physical ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Personal Protective Equipment required (safety glasses, steel toed boots, etc.)
* Preference will be given to those with strong concrete knowledge and or concrete background.
Why Work For Divine?
- We are a young and progressive company that appreciates what each team member has to offer
- At Divine, we understand our team members are our greatest asset and we encourage them to think with innovation
- We provide a competitive salary, paid vacation right off the start, and a comprehensive benefits package
- Our Social Committee is actively involved within the community, contributing to the Kids With Cancer Society, Calgary Bridge Foundation and bringing new ideas for initiatives with local charities