ICY Reno Waterproofing Corp is a local waterproofing and foundation contractor serving Toronto and GTA Area. Our goal is to design and build projects for you in a professional and timely manner. We make sure our work done well and fast. Some of the services that we provide include: Interior basement waterproofing, backwater valve & Sump pump; concrete, walk-outs, exterior basement waterproofing, Foundation cracks repair, drain repairs and drain replacement.
IcyReno Waterproofing is a leader when it comes to basement waterproofing in Toronto and surrounding areas. We have a team of experts who know how to leverage the latest technologies and the best materials to take care of basement waterproofing needs. We provide the most reliable, trusted basement waterproofing for homeowners in Toronto and surrounding areas.
We are currently looking for an experienced Cement Finisher to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with concrete or cement finishing, with good understanding of the waterproofing and drain replacement procedures.
Cement Finisher will perform the following duties:
- Carry out accurate measurements to ensure the concrete area meets all specs and drawings requirements, ability to interpret blueprints
- Check granular base and steel reinforcement materials
- Direct placement of cement into forms, spread, compact, level and smooth cement forms using hand and power tools
- Finish cement works by using various hand and power tools, such as rake, trowel, screed, stamp finish and other
- Position mold and forms
- Install various fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Apply curing or surface treatments and compounds
- Repair the old and damaged surfaces by filling the cracks, replace worn or damaged areas of floors, walls, and other cement structures
- Patch holes and fix imperfections after concrete has been fixed, polish surface, using power surfacing machine
- Inspect the concrete finished works
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a cement finisher
- Experience working with cement machineries
- Education: minimum of Secondary School diploma or higher
- Must be able to work outdoors and in changing weather conditions
- Experience in reading drawings, interpreting blueprints, grade plans, and specifications
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Proficient in English
We will consider as an asset if you:
- Work well independently and as a part of a team
- Have a good customer approach
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle heavy loads as work is physically demanding
- Have “G” class driving license
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for long periods of time
- Bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting
- Great attention to details
- Physically demanding role
Terms of Employment:
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent Role
Salary Rate: $36.50 per hour.
Weekly you will be required to work minimum of 30 hours. Occasional overtime may be required in high summer season with increased amount of customer orders (proper overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week). WSIB insurance benefits will be provided. You will report to management at the company office, located at 755 Millman Crescent, Mississauga, ON, L4Y 2J3, however you will travel to specific job sites in the GTA by company vehicle to perform the work during the day.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please forward your Resume to: email@example.com We thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted for an interview.