LEMAN CONSTRUCTION INC. provides affordable and quality residential and commercial renovation services in the Greater Toronto Area since 2013. Leman Construction offers both efficiency and the guarantee of high-quality work on design & build projects, custom home projects and construction management services. We employ a team of well-trained, highly professional construction experts to offer the best service to our clients.
At this time, we are looking for a skilled Concrete Finisher to join our team, who will install, maintain and restore various concrete structures on industrial, residential and commercial properties.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Form foundations, footings, landings, decorative walls, etc. and ensure their accordance with grade specifications,
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them,
- Compress concrete into various forms utilizing power vibrator and other tools to spread it,
- Apply hardening and sealing components to ensure surface consistency,
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools,
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machines,
- Test hand and power tools before and after usage to ensure proper maintenance and reduce risks of equipment failure and on-site accidents,
- Operate manual and automated equipment to resurface, repair and replace damaged concrete structures,
- Maintain safe work environment by ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and company policies,
- Under the supervisions of shift manager and concrete finishing supervisor, provide post-shift and weekly reports, including daily and weekly project proposals,
- Train and coach other employees on specific techniques of finishing concrete and cement materials.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a cement finisher and good experience working with cement machineries
- Must have secondary school diploma
- Must be able to work outdoors and in changing weather conditions
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, grade plans, maps, drawings and specifications
- Proficient with finishing tools, power screed/trowels
- Team player, client focused and flexible
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle heavy loads as work is physically demanding
- Good English skills
- Permanent, full-time position
- $36.50 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($54.75/ hour) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Benefits: WSIB
- Address: 810 Flint Road, North York, ON M3J 2J5
- Work location: various customers’ sites around GTA and Ontario
- Great environment with professional individual approach and friendly atmosphere
To apply, please send your resume by email to email@example.com. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.