CITY GROUP (2001) LTD. Ottawa, ON
ABOUT CITY GROUP (2001) LTD.:
CITY GROUP (2001) LTD is proud of its work record achieved by almost two decades of service in the concrete industry. Since, our inception, we constantly invested in research and development which, along with specialized equipment, has allowed us to complete our projects with great efficiency. Our proprietary systems and methods enable us to achieve excellent results for our clients, who come to us with difficult architectural, challenges and/or budget constraints.
Our company is positioned as the specialty concrete flooring contractor for the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) sectors.
At this time, we are looking for a skilled Concrete Polisher to join our team, who will install, maintain, restore and polish various concrete structures on residential, commercial and industrial properties.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Form foundations, footings, landings, decorative walls, etc. and ensure their accordance with grade specifications
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth and align them
- Compress concrete into various forms utilizing power vibrator and other tools to spread it
- Apply hardening and sealing components to ensure surface consistency
- Surface preparation by grinding and shot blasting
- Moisture mitigation systems over concrete slabs
- Repair concrete structures when needed
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machines including decorative concrete diamond polishing
- Test hand and power tools before and after usage to ensure proper maintenance and reduce risks of equipment failure and on-site accidents
- Operate manual and automated equipment to resurface, repair and replace damaged concrete structures
- Maintain safe work environment by ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and company policies
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a cement polisher and good experience working with cement machineries
- Must have secondary school diploma
- Must be able to work outdoors and in changing weather conditions
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, grade plans, maps, drawings and specifications
- Proficient with finishing tools, power screed/trowels
- Team player, client focused and flexible
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding activities require frequent moving, kneeling, bending and lifting weights
- Good English skills
- Permanent, full-time position
- $35.00 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($52.50/ hour) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Benefits: WSIB
- Address: 5470 Canotek Rd., Unit #36, Ottawa ON K1J 9H4
- Work location: various customers’ sites around Ottawa Region and Ontario
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Concrete Polisher”. Kindly note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.
You can visit https://www.concreteshine.ca/ for more information about our company.