Job DescriptionJob Title: Concurrent Disorders CounsellorWork Site: Adult Addictions, Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.80 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $34.26 - $42.73 per hourHours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 0900-1530
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 124039-jmc
Are you the next Concurrent Disorders Counsellor at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!Vancouver Coastal Health has an impactful opportunity as a Concurrent Disorders Counsellor with the Three Bridges Adult Addictions team in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will work within a Mental Health and Addictions partnership service and client centered care model.
As a Concurrent Disorders Counsellor your responsibilities will include:
- Providing screening and assessment services to clients.
- Identifying the existence of concurrent disorders including mental health and/or substance abuse problems.
- Conducting substance abuse, psychiatric, bio-psycho-social assessments, mental status examinations, case formulations and complete DSM IV diagnoses.
- Developing and implementing outcome orientated treatment plans that cover both mental health and substance use disorders.
- Providing treatment services to clients including individual, group, couples and family therapy and education according to theoretical models.
- Collaborating with others to facilitate the management of cases, and coordinating care using a supportive case management approach within the principles of harm reduction.
- Participating in case conferences/meetings with members of the multidisciplinary team for identification and management of client mental health issues.
- Developing and providing education services and contributing to program development in order to meet the needs of the population with concurrent disorders.
- Collaborating, consulting and providing clinical support and education to colleagues for continuity of care, treatment concerns, specialized services and community resource coordination.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in an Behavioural Health Discipline from a recognized program.
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience providing professional services to individuals who have substance abuse and mental health illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counselling skills.
- Broad knowledge of bio-psycho-social issues that may occur in response to changing mental health and alcohol and/or other drug needs.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and substance abuse disorders and their interaction.
- Broad knowledge of DSM IV diagnostic classification system and case formulation.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Broad knowledge of legislation, government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Broad knowledge of healthcare and community services available to applicable client group.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate the development of an integrated system of addiction and mental health services, including working with specialty substance abuse and mental health agencies, and other related professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to gather relevant information to make a multi-dimensional substance misuse and mental health assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a psychiatric assessment, case formulation and, in consultation with the client, to create a treatment plan that addresses both substance misuse and any level of mental disorder.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of theoretical models to practice in assessment and intervention.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.