Permanent Construction Accounts Payable Opportunity: Vaughan
Your new company
Based in Vaughan, this growing Construction & General Contracting organisation are actively seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis. This role with report directly into their VP of Finance and be joining a team of 6.
Your new role
- Perform various accounting and administrative duties.
- Responsible for accounts payable processing supplier invoices and subtrade payments with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Review and reconcile clerical accounting documents prepared by others: provides technical assistance to staff to resolve problems; completeness, and compliance to established procedures.
- Creates and maintains various spreadsheets.
- This position requires planning, implementing and monitoring clerical accounting methods and procedures; meeting deadlines, prioritizing and organizing work and handling frequent interruptions; and effectively composing business correspondence and reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years of previous Accounts Payable experience
- Previous experience in the Construction or General Contracting industry
- Knowledge of clerical accounting principles, practices and techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures associated with accounting methods
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.