Buffalo Construction is the parent company of Bison Construction and Buffalo Homes. Buffalo Construction is a full-service project management and general contracting business. We offer a full range of professional and high-qualityconstruction and renovation services all over Ontario such asInterior renovations, Kitchens, Washrooms, Common Corridor Renovation, Lobbies, Gyms, Party Rooms, Office Renovations. Our company is fully insured and WSIB compliant.
At this time, we are looking for a motivated Construction Cost Estimatorwho would be able to analyze costs and prepare estimates for the company’s construction projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Solicit feedback, time projections and cost information from internal staff and external vendors
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineering and architectural professionals, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Monitor and co-ordinate progress of construction projects to ensure conformance to the original budgetand prepare construction progress schedules
- Make recommendations on methods to ensure projects are more cost effective and profitable
- Completion of a three-year college or university program in civil engineering or construction engineering technology,OR2 years of experience as estimator or in a similar position in the construction sector
- Ability to work in a fast-placed environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Permanent, full-time position
- $29.00 per hour
- 35 hours of work per week
- Overtime pay ($43.50) applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Work location: 127 Sunrise Ave, North York, ON M4A 1A9
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.