Who are we?
RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractory products. Refractory products are used in all the world's high-temperature industrial processes. Without them, the steel, cement, lime, non-ferrous metals, glass, energy, environment and chemical industries couldn't exist. We have the largest number of locations around the world and the most innovative, reliable products and services. Learn more about us at:https://www.rhimagnesita.com/about/
Under the supervision of the Estimating Manager North America, the estimator will be required to perform the following key tasks for our customers and North America:
What does this position do on a day to day basis?
For Construction Projects
- Receive and document all requests for submission for RHI Industrial installation contracts.
- Review of tender documents.
- Estimate the construction costs for a contract (materials, labor, equipment, transport, etc.) according to the required specifications.
- Prepare Quotation documents (commercial and technical aspects) which will eventually become contract documents.
- Prepare a Material Take-Off according to drawings and specifications and other documents.
- Pass to the Customer Service Department for pricing.
Estimation for Construction Projects
- Receive the Decision Form with Quotation Number and ISO Form from Estimating Manager.
- Examine the documents to assess requirements.
- Verify if we have done this estimate before.
- Clearly identify the services to be provided by RHI and the services to be provided by the customer.
- Identify the method of installation.
- List all requirements (engineering, subcontractors, H&S requirements, materials, etc).
- Discuss the project requirements with appropriate department representatives (Health & Safety Supervisor, Project Site Manager, Salesman, Construction Coordinator, Business Manager, Market Manager, etc.)
- Calculate the labour and installation productivity required for the project;
- This is specific for each geographic region, depending on local Union agreements.
- Consult with the Project Site Manager and/or Salesman, when necessary
- Plan the work team and equipment needed for the project.
- Enter the data into the Estimating Excel File for the project, including:
- Total hour, Labour expense costs (room & board, travel time, etc), RHI Materials, 3rd Party materials and rental equipment.
What will help you be successful in this position?
- The candidate must have a college diploma in Civil Engineering, a minimum of 5 years' experience,
- Working knowledge of control Auto-cad software and the Windows environment.
- Knowledge in the field of refractories or experience in the field of construction / installation would be an asset.