To support our growth, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking to fill Field Technician positions for our Calgary Infrastructure office. In this position you will provide field support to the construction of infrastructure projects within various municipalities in the Calgary and Southern Alberta Area. We will consider a range of candidates for these positions including recent graduates from a civil technology program or experienced construction inspectors familiar with local standards and contract specifications.
These positions may be seasonal or permanent, fulltime and will be dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and project requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Your primary responsibility will be inspection and project administration related to construction contracts for roadways and bridges for various clients including Municipal Districts and Counties, City of Calgary, Alberta Transportation and the Federal Government
- Working closely with our client representatives, client managers, project managers and construction contractors to resolve contractual disputes and non-conformance issues in order to successfully deliver construction contracts
- Supporting the preparation of construction specifications and development of tenders
- Document onsite construction activities relating to non-conformances, material, safety, and quality control, including the monitoring of asphalt, concrete, electrical, environmental, traffic, and grading construction items
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and environmental regulations
- Reporting of installed quantities and preparation of progress reports for contractor payment and change order work
- Maintaining project records, including quantity calculations, and other documentation as required by the construction contract
- Coordinating the work of our other business units may also be required to deliver this work to the satisfaction of our clients
- Duties may include supervising others assigned to your projects and supporting the interpretation and execution of preliminary and detailed engineering designs. You may also be required to support detailed and preliminary designs by completing design calculations, quantity estimates, and cost estimates
- Coordinate and supervise survey crews, material inspectors & contractors, and other subconsultants
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with design and construction management of roadway infrastructure projects is desirable - Preferred candidates will have 5-10 years’ experience; however recent graduates will be considered
- C.E.T (Civil engineering technologist) certification is considered an asset
- Experience applying local standard construction specifications and working with construction contractors is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently on project assignments
- Able to manage small project teams
- Client management skills
- Experience working with various public agencies including municipalities
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.