Gannett Fleming Canada is looking an experienced construction management professional for the role of Construction Inspector to join our team in Toronto to assist in the management of transportation construction projects in the GTHA. Our construction management and inspection capabilities satisfy the most selective clients. We effectively control our clients’ costs, deliver their projects on time, and meet strict regulatory needs while maintaining long-lasting relationships from the pre-construction stage until long after project completion
Construction Inspector be the resident at the place of work when the construction activities are being carried out and be responsible for the inspection examination of work and the preparation of reports for work progressed on site.
- Establish a safety-first culture for all construction projects
- Inspect work materials and methods to ensure requirements of contract documents are fulfilled in a safe manner with requisite quality
- Maintain a daily inspection diary documenting construction activity, including environmental events and recording of progress and as constructed details for the purposes of project closeout.
- Issue contract deficiency reports, including follow-up on required corrective actions.
- Observe, act, and report on contractual and non-contractual infractions of safety, security, operational interference
- Assist in the resolution of construction related issues.
- Carry out all quality assurance and quality control functions to confirm contractor's adherence to the contract documents.
- Be responsible for tracking the details of change notices to ensure sufficient information is gathered for the completion of as-constructed drawings.
- Assist in the project close out phase including certificate of substantial completion, punch list and receipt of as-builts
- Ability to clearly communicate, in writing and verbally, with project team members about relevant construction systems and processes.
- Coordinate and carry out inspections during the construction of the work to verify compliance with the contract documents.
- Review the quality of Contractors work and provide report to client.
- Ensures contract compliance to technical plans and specifications; and reviews documentation and files for accuracy and completeness, including daily reports and construction logs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- OACETT Designation (C.E. T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T)
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) is an asset.
- Certification as a Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) from a Construction Specification Canada (CS) is an asset.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in construction engineering experience that includes field construction, contract administration, estimating, negotiations; project and design management.
- Experience with a Class 1 Railway and working within a right of way is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising construction sites, field engineering, site work inspections and work progress measurements
- Demonstrated on-site construction inspection experience in construction of transit, commercial and municipal infrastructure.
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience on large scale transit projects or transportation infrastructure
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and field work environments
- Proficient in MS Word / Excel / Outlook.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, Provincial, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they apply to transit operations.
- Proven understanding of industry standards within construction, Health and Safety codes and regulations.
- Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in resolving claims
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Valid driver’s license required; this position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order
- Flexibility to travel to construction sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Toronto Ontario, Toronto Canada
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2020-7026