Focus Project Management Ltd. (focus-projectmanagement.com) is a design and construction management company offering high-quality design and construction services to our clients. It was founded in early 2017 and has now become one of downtown Vancouver’s most prominent architecture contractors. Our company has completed more than 50 projects in Greater Vancouver with 75 combined experiences in architecture, including residential, commercial, institutional, hotel, property management, leasing and more. Due to the growing number of requests for construction projects, we are looking for an experienced Construction Manager to join our team.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing a wide variety of construction projects from beginning to end. You will be negotiating with subcontractors and working with engineers and architects as needed and keeping track of an inventory of equipment and materials. This is a position with great potential for the growth and development of your career. Your working location will be in downtown Vancouver.
- Oversee, arrange, monitor and evaluate appointed construction projects from beginning to end.
- Prepare cost estimations, set budgets and arrange construction timetables.
- Draft architectural drawings and revisions per clients’ needs and negotiate with subcontractors, architects, suppliers and clients.
- Supervise offsite and onsite construction procedures to better implement quality control plans.
- Review daily construction progress to prepare internal and external reports related to job status.
- Negotiate terms of agreement, contracts and retrieve permits and licenses on behalf of the company.
- Select appropriate construction tools, materials and equipment needed, and track inventory regularly.
- Engage in the employment and supervision of subcontractors and related staff.
Qualifications & Skills
- A college diploma and/or a university degree in civil engineering or in a related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience in the construction industry with expertise as a construction manager.
- Has the ability to Supervise 5-10 people.
- Must have strong knowledge of construction and equipment methodologies, able to read blueprints and set budgeting requirements.
- Proficiency and experiences in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite or similar software.
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in planning large-scale multi-step construction projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills but is also a good team player.
- Professional engineering status or certificates is a definite asset.
- English reading, written and verbal skills.
Focus Project Management Ltd.
1177 W Hastings St. Unit 1705
Vancouver, BC, V6E 4T5
Terms of Employment
Permanent, Full Time
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Wage & Benefits
$38.00 to $40.00 per hour, based on experience and skills
Standard medical insurance
How to Apply
Please send your resume by email to email@example.com with the subject of “Construction Manager.” We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.