Our Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers and Superintendents to execute projects and yield optimal profit levels while providing value added services to the clients.
The Project Coordinator will be mentored by the Project Manager to assist with the delivery of the projects goals and objectives. The position is considered a full time office position and will typically be located in the corporate office.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare estimates and budgets either through direct quantity takeoffs or soliciting information and or quotations for suppliers or sub trades.
- Prepare bid forms and obtain tender submission documents as required by the contract documents for review by the project manager.
- Prepare tender invitations to solicit sub trades and suppliers to submit quotations. Distribute tender documentation and ensure the plan room has the required tender documents. Distribute addendum to all known bidders and ensure plan room has copies posted.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation and tender submission, call sub trades and suppliers for quotations.
- Assist in the closing of tenders, collection of quotations for the review by the Project Manager, delivering the tender documents as required by the contract documents.
- Set-up new projects in the company database, obtain all relevant data and documentation from the client to allow the work to commence. Prepare contact documents (i.e. CCDC2) if required for the review and execution by the Project Manager.
- Prepare award letters for the sub trades for review and execution by the Project Manager.
- Obtain and distribute plans and specifications to sub trades and suppliers
- Attend project meetings with the Project Manager, prepare and distribute meeting minutes when required by contract.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare project execution schedules using Microsoft Project, review project schedule on a regular basis with the Project Manager and Superintendent and update schedule accordingly.
- Prepare and distribute change notices, site instructions and RFI’s to the sub trades and suppliers, obtain quotations and prepare change notice quotations for review by the Project Manager, distribute the change notice quotations to the client for approval.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in the review and distribution of shop drawings.
- Obtain change orders from approval authority and prepare sub trade and supplier contract revisions for review and execution by the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare invoicing templates.
- Obtain and submit plans and specifications to the permitting authorities and distribute permit numbers to the Client, Mechanical and Electrical sub trades.
- Prepare and collect information for Operation and Maintenance Manuals as required under project contract. Submit binder requirements to the Client for review and approval, forward binder and tab requirements to the Delnor Office Assistant for ordering and preparation of the binder. Solicit all sub trades and suppliers for operation, maintenance and warranty information. Submit completed binders to the Project Manager for review and approval and distribution to the Client approval authority.
Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Construction Engineering or related discipline preferred
A minimum 2+ years in related fields.
Delnor Construction has been providing professional construction services in Edmonton and Northern Alberta for 34 years. Incorporated in 1983, Delnor began with a dedication to the commercial renovations sector and is still committed to renovations with expanded focus on new construction. Today our commitments continue across Alberta via our Edmonton and Calgary branch offices. Our reputation has been built on providing personal service and quality craftsmanship with commitment and dedication that results in a standard of quality never compromised.
Contracting a large variety of projects, Delnor has demonstrated the ability to complete projects on time and on budget. We won the 2016 Alberta Venture Contractor of the Year, are listed as one of Canada’s Top 50 General Contractors by The Leaders and as one of Canada’s Top 40 General Contractors by On-Site publications, and are listed as one of the top Edmonton-based commercial contractors.
We are involved in commercial construction in a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, government, education facilities, recreational complexes, financial institutions, and affordable housing.