Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technical Advisory Services, Construction Management, Property, and Business Systems/PMIS spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control, and delivery of multi-billion-dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities, and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering, construction, advisory and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees, and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Construction Safety Officer - Security.
- Provide construction emergency and security expertise and assurance related to the area of construction projects by reviewing and assessing Contractors Project Security Plans, Safe Work Method submissions and inspecting construction sites
- Provide construction security expertise to EC&E Group
- Develop and conduct emergency and security protection training
- Conduct systematic reviews/inspections to assess security needs of with emphasis on loss prevention/control initiatives concerning contractor areas, perimeter protection and signage, access control, tools, and parts control (stores). personal lockup provisions, etc.
- Provide advice and guidance concerning security planning and design issues to ensure that effective, including cost effective, security measures and strategies are considered in the planning and design stages of facilities, vehicles and outside projects affecting the client
- Determine specifications, evaluating, implementing, and making recommendations on security technology and system security program improvements, such as closed-circuit television (CCTV), access control systems, lighting, fencing, barriers, gates etc., from a security perspective
- Review documents and drawings from a security perspective, liaising with and responding to other departments regarding projects to ensure security risks are adequately controlled
- Coordinate reviews with departmental staff to identify recommendations regarding design
- Develop, evaluate, and revise security related design standards and specifications
- Participate in the development and implementation of Capital Projects System Security
- Prepare security survey reports for management including identifying security risks, deficiencies/considerations that need attention and documenting findings and recommending appropriate loss prevention/control initiatives and equipment
- Act as security consultant/advisor for renovation and new construction projects and decommissioned properties
- Provide the necessary justification and/or cost benefit analysis in support of loss control recommendations, requests, etc.
- Oversee the installation of surveillance, alarm and security equipment at client properties and office buildings
- Identify and respond to security deficiencies and ensuring timely and appropriate corrective actions are taken, i.e., completing work orders, Capital Budget requests, etc.
- Maintain on-going security of non-operational or decommissioned facilities and coordinating security arrangements as required
- Identify and communicate internal/external security workforce requirements
- Develop program goals, objectives, strategies, and measures and implement security programs
- Provide liaison with client departments and with external agencies. including Police, Fire, Ambulance, Government, other transit properties and special interest groups
- Conduct risk assessments and developing and reviewing policies, procedures, and equipment relative to frontline/supervisory client employees
- Assist with the creation of risk assessments for Workplace Violence Investigations
- Act as a Project Manager which includes planning, directing. coordinating, conducting, administering, and evaluating special projects, as required
- Research, compile, analyze and presents a variety of information related to the operations of the department and corporate programs
- Investigate and respond to various suggestions, reports and correspondence directed to the section/department/client
- Keeping abreast of legislated requirements, industry standards and corporate requirements related to System Security
- Shall have approximately five (5) years experience in construction safety
- Shall have experience with the construction of security technology
- Shall have advanced understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Construction Regulations and its application on construction projects
- Establishment of strong safety culture on-site and accident prevention techniques, compliance with external and internal policies
- Shall be in possession of safety professional designations including at least one of the following:
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Canadian Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC)
- Gold Seal Certificate (GSC) for Construction Safety Coordinator (CSC)
- National Safety Officer (NSO)
- Other professional and technical designations are an asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your application and resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group by selecting "Apply Now."