Construction Safety Officer
Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Construction Safety Officer.
- Reports to EC&E Manager of Safety and Security or Senior Construction Safety Officer.
- Provides construction safety assurance by reviewing and assessing Contractor’s Safety Plan and Safe Work Method submissions and inspecting construction sites.
- Provides construction safety expertise to EC&E Group.
- Assists in development of safety training materials and presentations.
- Conducts safety training sessions.
- Conducts Site Safety Observations.
- Supports incident investigations.
- Shall have approximately five (5) years experience in construction safety.
- Shall have advanced understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations, its application on construction projects, establishment of strong safety culture on-site and accident prevention techniques, compliance with external and internal policies.
- Shall be in possession of safety professional designations including at least one of the following:
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Canadian Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC)
- Gold Seal Certificate (GSC) for Construction Safety Coordinator (CSC)
- National Safety Officer (NSO)
- Other professional and technical designations are an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group via e-mail at email@example.com.