Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
If you are an experienced Construction Site Safety Manager (Transmission Line ) looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help!
Construction Site Safety Manager
Transmission Line experience is required in order to be considered.
Job Site location is in Northern Ontario
Per Diem will be paid + Expenses+ Monthly travel allowance.
Safety Manager Responsibilities
Works with project leadership and EPC contractors to ensure safety and risk associated with the projects and managed to an acceptable level. Works with EPC contractors to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, county and local safety related regulations. Works in a proactive manner to ensure EPC contractors implementation of project organization’s safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment.
Responsibilities include working with EPC contractors to ensure:
The implementation of a Site-Specific Safety Plan (SSSP)
- In partnership with job site supervision, plan, lead and participate in job site safety meetings. Train, educate and ensure job site supervisors are capable of running safety meetings on their own.
- Review and update monthly all site-specific safety plans with the project teams.
- Develop and ensure safe equipment operating techniques. Periodically check all machines and equipment to make sure they are in good condition.
- Inspect, update and provide all safety and Labor and Industry posters for each job site and office.
- Participate in pre-job safety meetings with subcontractors. Review all applicable documentation for completeness to ensure subcontractor can adequately execute their scope of work safely.
- Follow up with subcontractor representatives to ensure proper disciplinary procedures are followed. Serves as principal source of information on health and safety issues to hold subcontractor accountable to submitted safety and quality programs.
- Implement, inspect and maintain job site and office MSDS manuals. Train employees in MSDS procedures.
- Provide and ensure compliance with information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Work with injured workers to facilitate early return to full duty work responsibilities and to provide meaningful light duty transitional work opportunities.
The implementation of a Safety Audit Program
- Inspect organization facilities and job sites to detect existing potential accident and health hazards. Determine corrective or preventative measures, where indicated, assign responsibility and follow up to ensure the corrective measures have been implemented.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections on all job sites to ensure safety procedures are in place.
- Prepare study and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies. Make recommendations to resolve any deficiencies.
- Access ways for reducing claim costs and increasing the retrospective premium refund (AGC Retrospective Rating Program for L & I premiums).
- Research and manage ways to reduce the net premium paid by improving the experience modifier.
- Record and compile data, update logs, monitor equipment and schedule maintenance.
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates that are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.
Our client is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, our client will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.