Smook Contractors Ltd.
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
Date: February, 2019
Job Location: Thompson
Report to: Operations Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for direction of all job site activities as per the contract, drawings, specification, schedule, and budget.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities at multiple construction sites including resources from several internal departments to support the needs of the customer and business.
- Monitor production rates to ensure projects are on target for both budget & schedule.
- Ensure adherence to Smook Contractors policies and procedures.
- Identify safety concerns on the job site and institute corrective actions to eliminate any safety problems.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that all legal, customer and company specifications are adhered to.
- Requisitioning materials and scheduling employees with Operations & HR Managers.
- Record information such as personnel, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports.
- Promote and assist in the training & development of all employees. Schedule & coordinate site specific & classroom training.
- Participate and complete annual performance assessments for direct reports including lead hands, supervisors, operators, drivers and laborers.
- Promotes and coordinates preventative maintenance and repair of field equipment in accordance with production needs and company policies and objectives.
- Conduct safety meetings and maintain records of the meetings.
- Attend onsite/offsite meetings with customers as required.
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals and tenders.
- Implement disciplinary actions as required.
- Operating of equipment and trucks when required to support company and project objectives.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Gold Seal Certification (Superintendent Designation) from Canadian Construction Association preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Mines and Regulations Act & Workplace Safety & Health Act.
- Minimum of 10 years in the construction industry preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and organize work.
- Excellent ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work well with others.
- Experience in heavy construction including road building, drill/blast/crushing or maintenance.
- General knowledge of maintenance and repair.
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license is an asset.
Company Vehicle Allowance
- Company truck supplied for work use
- Fuel card supplied by Smook Contractors
- Company supplied cell phone
Medical, Dental Plan, Life Insurance
- Plan as currently prescribed at Smook Contractors Ltd.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Combination of office & field work
Hours: 50 hours per week, overtime as required.