The Consumer Marketing Specialist (also known as Consumer Marketing Service Desk) is a vendor role within the Mississauga Marketing Service Desk. The Consumer MSD is primarily responsible for localization review, campaign management and service coordination/delivery between the CDS category marketers and CMO /subsidiary marketers. The Consumer MSD may also be the marketer’s primary point of contact for recommendations and consultation regarding MSC services. They may also coordinate services with other local agencies and teams, such as social media or creative teams. The Consumer MSD is part of the Mississauga Marketing Service Desk team and is usually physically located near the Mississauga headquarters or subsidiary to provide local language support.
What is this role, and how does it positively impact the business?
The Consumer MSD role supports and enables local CDS campaign execution. They provide end-to-end planning, execution and analysis services, with tangible positive results for key performance indicators. They also ensure that campaigns are running seamlessly across different systems and tools, so they provide a great experience for our customers and partners.
The Consumer MSD must deliver across the following six competency areas:
- Localization of Corp translated CDS assets including review, validation, and modifications
- Review translated assets and work with both Area MSD and local translator to ensure high quality finished goods within time-to-market SLA
- Be the content gatekeeper for all Mississauga HQ originating marketing content requiring translation review and approval
- Ensure that global and area campaigns are prioritized, reviewed, approved and deployed
- Collect and consolidate feedback about translation quality, asset deployment and asset performance
- CDS led marketing activities; Windows Consumer Devices, Windows Commercial Devices, Office and Surface categories
- Project campaign & budget management, including
- Create the marketing execution plan for campaign execution, including required services, schedule, etc., translating campaign objectives into requests
- Agency engagement & thru retail partner alignment with CDS
- Manage digital campaign and delivery
- Identify similar campaign briefs and campaign activities to avoid duplication of efforts
- Develop subject-matter expertise across campaign execution ecosystem
- Demonstrate an understanding of campaign tactic setup, tracking and measurement
- Understand the local use of marketing tools, marketing services, processes, and data
- Help to educate the subsidiary marketing community on how to optimize the use of these solutions to meet local and corporate driven marketing objectives
- Learn and adhere to the Microsoft brand guidelines and privacy requirements across all marketing communications
- Planning governance and guidance – manages measurement plans and core KPIs associated with campaign
- Reviews performance dashboards and optimizes campaign assets/approach based on learnings
- Ensures activities are measured and optimised for performance
- Advises stakeholders on overall execution processes SLAs, KPIs, tools
- Provide holistic project management and coordination for all campaign service delivery, including MSC services, agency deliverables, social, tele, etc.:
- Define and request required services
- Create campaign execution schedule based on objectives and in-market deadlines
- Brief the execution teams
- Submit complete and accurate service order requests to the MSC
- Ensure correct tracking codes/tags/redirects are created and applied for end-to-end performance measurement
- Validate and prioritize of service order delivery
- Ensure SLAs are met and marketer expectations for campaign delivery are set appropriately
- Validate that execution strategies meet planned business objectives
- Make sure all marketing communications are privacy-compliant
- Drive on-going improvements in efficiency of campaign execution/set up and tracking through global tools
- Help to land recommendations provided by the digital and/or analytics teams
- Ensure local campaign governance meeting/debrief is done to collect and document learnings and improvements for the future
- Share case studies with the community to improve results, foster collaboration and avoid issues
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications
- Fluent in English and French
- Intermediate to advanced project management strategies and tools
- Basic business, systems, and process analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing communications vehicles, tools and execution, both online and offline
- Ability to articulate and evangelize services with stakeholders
- Relationship management, collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft brand and products
- University degree
- At least 3-5 years solid marketing communications (agency or client side), business operations or business consulting experience
- People/team management experience preferred, but not required
- Self-starter – Have a proactive attitude and a desire to find creative solutions.
- Team player – Focus on winning as a team rather than individually. Be cooperative and collaborative.
- Open-minded – Be able to work effectively across different teams and personalities. Be flexible and adaptable.
- Detail-oriented – Treat the work as your own and be able to analyze.
- Cool-headed – Be patient and even tempered.
- Drive for results – Be tough and persistent and know when to research vs. when to make a quick decision.
- Client service oriented – Be positive and optimistic.