Join the Flynn Family and Experience the Flynn Way.
Flynn Group of Companies, North America�s leading building envelope contractor is looking for a Content Manager to work from our Mississauga location.
Imagine a career where your creativity and technical skills can fuel BIG innovations. Where your work will have an impact on the productivity of your client�s day-to-day lives. Be recognized for your skills and take part in the full product design and development lifecycle. Work with leading edge technology to make a difference in the mobile-construction world.
Here at Flynn you�ll have the opportunity to work for a growing company, on a portfolio of products delivering real results. We give you the chance to work in a technologically challenging and fast-paced environment, to enhance your abilities while pushing your limits. Join a team that works closely together to solve problems and enjoy excellent benefits; a commitment to work/life balance, funded training plans and the ability to be recognized for your talents.
For over 40 years, we have enjoyed steady growth and success by providing quality contracting services and design assistance to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction. As a contractor, Flynn plays a key role in blending architectural visions with practical detailing to ensure quality, functional and high-performance roof and wall systems. As an employer, we take pride in providing the best for our people. Our people are our greatest asset and the reason behind the success we are continuously achieving. We are also proud to say that we have reached a Platinum status as being one of Canada�s Best Managed Companies for 15 years in a row!
At Flynn, it�s not just a job, it�s a career.
Reporting to the Director, Mobile & Web Applications, you�ll be part of a growing team of collaborative individuals working together to solve hard problems and deliver results. Everyone wears many different hats and works on several projects.
About the Role
As our Content Manager you will be responsible for managing the migration of content between our on-premise SharePoint environment and SharePoint Online. You�ll be the go-to person to help business users manage their content in SharePoint. You�ll also be responsible for working with stakeholders to design and implement data retention rules and content classification rules. The Content Manager will work out of our�Mississauga�branch and report�to the Director, Mobile and Web Applications.
Responsibilities of the Content Manager include:
- Work with stakeholders to understand their content and migrate that content to SharePoint Online
- Work with tools and stakeholders to inventory Flynn�s network shared drives and identify owners
- Work with data owners to determine whether data should be archived or migrated to SharePoint Online
- Work with senior management and other stakeholders to define company wide data retention rules
- work with data owners to implement the data retention rules
- Work with senior management and other stakeholders to define company wide data classification rules
- work with data owners to implement the data classification rules
- Provide guidance and education to users on how to best use SharePoint
- Provide oversight of permissions in SharePoint
- Acts to promote the use of our internal intranet system and works with all business units to continually improve the experience
- Work with third party consultant to deliver on the SharePoint migration project and custom development to support the project
- Develop reporting strategy on key metrics for both SharePoint and shared file servers
- Promote and advocate collaboration within the organization using Microsoft O365 product suite in conjunction with SharePoint Online
- Facilitating the creation of SharePoint Online sites for managing content
- Migrating content from local network drives to SharePoint Online
- Supporting the adoption of related O365 products (OneDrive, Office, Teams, Planner) that are being implemented as part of the onboarding
Skills/Qualifications of the Content Manager include:
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users at all levels, and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates creative thinking and innovative approaches using multiple technologies
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve specific goals and outcomes required
- organizational skills to oversee, coordinate, and participate on highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact to the business
- Familiarity with JIRA for project management is considered an asset
- Familiarity on O365 platform
- Proficient in:
- Camtasia Studio or Adobe Captivate; and
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Great Candidates Will Have:
- A practical approach - you have the hands-on experience, theoretical knowledge and quick out-of-the-box thinking required to solve problems and offer innovative solutions.
- Drive and confidence
- A sincere interest in helping and teaching users
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that effectively balance the administration of policy with the ease of use needs of users
- Be curious and interested in improving yourself and the team
- Willing to speak up and share ideas with the team