Coast Mountain Publishing & Media Management DBA West Canada Weekly is based in Vancouver, BC (www. https://wcweekly.com/ ). We are looking for a talented Content Product Manager who has the demonstrated ability to grow audiences across digital channels to join our team. The person in this role will oversee our team of writers and editors to create best in website, apps and video content. The right candidate will understand how to set up an edit team to create significant content offerings that serve different audience segments while maintaining a consistent voice and high-quality content. The role needs to be filled by a highly trustworthy person and someone who can work closely with the owner and publisher.
You will perform such duties as are consistent with the position of Content Product Manager and such other duties as the Company reasonably assigns to you. Such duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, direct and implement policies and procedures;
- Oversee the planning and conception of both written and visual contents to be featured in online media outlets, apps and video:
- Guide work teams from selecting topic and theme to finish post-production and publish;
- Plan, manage and maintain production editorial boards and outlines;
- Assign tasks and projects so as to ensure all objectives on track, on schedule, and on budget;
- Leading meetings and discussions to debate and determine what news to publish and the audiences’ feedback for previous published;
- Read and approve manuscripts, layouts and designs in a timely manner; reject unappealing pieces or recommend ways to improve them;
- Ensuring all information is accurate before publishing it, whether it’s written or visual content, so as to prevent
- Direct, manage, supervise and motivate freelance and staff editors, writers and photographers to deliver consistent, engaging, and accurate best-in-class content and features by deadlines.
- Oversee quality control and final production of content across online media outlets, apps and video
- Confirm that editorial content is optimized to meet the business objectives.
- A bachelor’s degree higher
- 5+ years progressive experience on an editorial or content team; must have significant experience leading a successful content team and developing and fostering young talent.
- Self-directed multitasker accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven track record growing and serving audiences across digital channels.
- Strategic and analytical; you use data and insights to inform editorial decisions, and you enjoy strategizing about the best ways to use content to engage a growing and shifting user base.
- Exceptional writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills.
- Expertise in using editorial content to achieve business goals.
- Strong experience creating, optimizing, and distributing content across diverse platforms, both digital and analog.
- Track record creating beats, and managing a group of writers/editors covering a beat.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, with exceptional project management and people skills.
- A terrific manager and strong communicator.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 per year
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Work location: #1260 – 4871 Shell Road, Richmond BC V6X 3Z6 Canada