Position Summary: Thomson Power Systems (a Regal Beloit company), a leading manufacturer of electrical products and systems utilized in the Power Generation Industry for over 40 years, has an immediate opening for a detail oriented Continuous Improvement Leader/Production Scheduler at our Langley location. They key responsibilities of this position are to provide site leadership with the implementation and application of the Regal Business System. The Primary focus is on developing and instilling a culture of Continuous Improvement while achieving year over year operational performance improvements.
Responsible for the leading, influencing, training and progressing the site's maturity of the understanding and effective application of the Regal Business System. Key partnership with the site Plant Manager and leadership team, will guide the team with prioritizing and focusing on Safety, Quality, Delivery,Cost and Growth (SQDCG). The outcome of achieving financial performance that exceeds our stakeholders' expectations and enables profitable growth in the business. This key site leadership role will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- While acting as internal consultant, developing short- and long-term strategies for the organization and incorporating Six Sigma, Agile, and other practices. With the goal to facilitate progress and reduce costs, both in terms of sales and workflow inefficiencies.
- Develop and maintain MPS in conjunction with materials, manufacturing and sales
- Manage new orders by date and work closely on both production and post fabrication schedules after ensuring material and Bill of Material (BOM) lists are acceptable.
- Sequence and arrange orders in master schedule to allow for material, panel type, panel size to maximize efficiency.
- Follow up with Customer Service for timely order approvals and Production Order
- Record daily production confirmation information and adjust schedule requirements
- Coordinate orders on shipping schedule once released for production based on ship date from plant.
- Capacity Planning – coordinate with Production Lead-hands and Plant Manager to determine shift capacity requirements by maintaining an up to date schedule and up to date model for output
- Meet and coordinate daily with team to flag issues, make changes, or initiate actions to ensure production schedule meets the company’s needs
- Issue Production Orders for all panel production to Production Lead-hands.
- Project Management coordination – Ensure multiple coordination on same shipment
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Lead and implement process improvement across the value stream to drive SQDCG measures utilizing lean concepts. Key Concepts: Lean Conversion (5S, flow, standard work, tools/materials at point of use & visual management), visual factory, single (best) piece flow, replenishment systems, transactional process improvement techniques, defect reduction and effective daily management.
- To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
• Minimum 2-years working experience in a manufacturing scheduler or similar, like position
• Performing all duties with a high level of integrity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent skills in verbal, nonverbal, and written communications and customer service skills
• Logical and good with numbers & data details
• Experience with an ERP system (Visual Manufacturing preferred)
• Experience in data analysis and basic statistics
• Training in Continuous Improvement, 5S, and ISO an asset