Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited owns and operates the electricity distribution system for Canada's largest city. A leader in conservation and demand management, it has 761,000 customers located in the city of Toronto and distributes approximately 19% of the electricity consumed in Ontario.Job description:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Program Management Office, the Program Management Consultant will provide program level forecasting, scheduling, reporting and resource balancing services to client execution groups to ensure successful delivery of the Execution Work Program, while addressing budget, resource and schedule constraints.
- Forecasts the Design and Construction Execution Work Program through the development of spend (capital/operating expenditures) and attainment plan lines for Capital and Maintenance projects/programs for assigned client groups ($50M-$100M per year).
- Provides consultation and support in addressing budget, schedule and resource constraints and maximizes the inclusion of high priority projects and programs identified by Engineering & Investment Planning.
- Consults with client groups to addresses ongoing changes to the Execution Work Program as a result of emerging issues faced by field staff, as well as the emergence of higher priority projects, while managing resource and budget constraints.
- Proactively identifies and manages risks that impact the successful delivery of programs for assigned client groups.
- Continuously monitors the actual capital and operating spend and attainment, analyzing the gaps between plan and actual results, identifying root causes and risks, and making adjustments to the Execution Work Program in collaboration with the client group to ensure resources are fully utilized, while meeting budget constraints and regulatory obligations.
- Attends monthly Construction and Design Update Review Meetings and takes required actions to resolve identified issues and risks.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with various stakeholders (i.e. Engineering & Investment Planning, Finance, Design and Construction groups, Regulatory) and acts as the liaison for all projects under assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Five (5) + years of Project and/or Program Management experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) required; Program Management Professional Certification (PgMP) is an asset.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an asset.
- SAP knowledge an asset
- Solid understanding of Project/Program Management concepts and methodologies through hands-on project/program management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite including MS Project, Access, Excel (VBA programming is an asset), and Visio.
- Knowledge in developing process maps and process optimization.
- General knowledge of electrical distribution system design, construction, maintenance, system operations and risk management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer-driven focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial acumen with a solid understanding of estimating, budgeting, forecasting.
- Performance Measurements - Ability to develop statistical tracking methodologies to track performance and measurement against set standards of quality.
- Builds Strong Relationships: Leverages relationships and expertise to influence, to support the achievement of goals.
- Champions Change, Productivity and Innovation: Learns and adopts continuous improvement and productivity methods for all areas of their responsibility, while assessing and appropriately managing risk.
- Drives Results and Accountability: Establishes credibility by demonstrating high standards for the work in their area; applying discretion and judgment to achieve results; proactively anticipates problems and initiates solutions to resolve.
- Commitment to Environment, Health and Safety: Acts as a safety leader, by incorporating safety and environmental considerations into business decisions and actions.