Choosing Longview Aviation Services means seizing the opportunity and challenge.
Who We Are
Longview Aviation Services (LAS), in partnership with Viking Air, was established in 2018 to create an "Enhanced Aerial Firefighter" CL-415EAF conversion program. The eleven specially selected CL-215 aerial firefighting aircraft will combine the proven performance of our airframe with modern upgrades to create the next generation of the world's only purpose-built aerial firefighter and multi-mission amphibious platform.
A winning team is no accident. Surround yourself with innovative thinkers and go getters who see possibilities and abundance. This role offers a drive for action with effective management of analyzing data. The Controller position is responsible for analyzing data to create various financial reports for operational teams and senior management, while being strategic and tactical.
Accounting & Administration
- Provide financial assistance and guidance as a â€˜service providerâ€™ to the various stakeholders and departments within the organization.
- Direct accountability for the establishment and execution of standard daily functions of the organization including accounts payable, receivables and cash management. This includes overseeing the processing of invoices from receiving through to payment, credit, and collections on invoicing.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of related workflow and work procedures.
- Direct accountability for the completion of month end accounting cycle, leading up to preparation of financial statements with review of budget to actual figures.
- Direct accountability for general account functions including monthly reconciliation of all balance sheets and intercompany accounts.
- Direct accountability for safeguarding the assets, which includes financial risk analysis as well as making recommendations for the development and implementation of mitigating control procedures.
- Assist with completion of the annual audit and tax returns, including SR & ED.
- Primary contact for dealings with external auditors.
- Responsible for ensuring that costing rates for labour and overhead are monitored on a regular basis and kept appropriately updated within the financial system.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate and accurate financial records and preparation of required financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct accountability for the development of the annual budget as well as the quarterly financial forecasts.
- Financial modelling and analysis of potential business opportunities that become available.
- Quarterly financial reporting to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Works with other departments on internal reporting and assisting with departmental financial goal setting and related analysis.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate and accurate financial records and preparation of required financial reports for internal and external stakeholders. Including quarterly financial reporting to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assisting in the preparation of and reporting on the enhanced aerial firefighter (EAF) program profitability and cash flow.
- Provides advice on all matters to the GM and Longview Aviation Capital (LAC) Director of Finance in the formulation of overall corporate financial objectives.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger and ensuring that the reporting structure meets the requirements of the business and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of monthly financial metrics.
- In collaboration with the Director of Supply Chain, responsible for ensuring the reconciliation and financial integrity of inventory carrying value including the continual maintenance and execution of related processes such as appropriate cycle accounting.
- Together with the GM and CFO, manages the cash-flow position of the operation. Establishes credit and collections policies, purchasing policies, etc.
- Work with the Longview Aviation Capital (LAC) Director of Finance to develop appropriate strategies and practices to manage foreign exchange exposure.
Who You Are
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to successfully operate in a high pressure, deliverable focused environment
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong time management skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enjoy mentoring and supervising a team
- You are agile, adaptable, and must be able to pivot and find alternate solutions
- CPA designation required
- 7 - 10 years of finance/controller experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Minimum 5 years of management and supervisory experience.
We welcome all qualified applicants; we believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success.
The above listing is meant to capture the objectives of success and level of complexity of the role.
Powered by JazzHR