Ignite Your Transformation
For a big company, we're surprisingly entrepreneurial. Expect a collaborative and supportive atmosphere that will help you grow, both professionally and personally. We are committed to delivering success by offering our customers a truly diverse and global range of products. Step into an inclusive and dynamic team - Be part of the Magna family.
This position is for Closures Technical Centre, a division of Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting.
Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's leading suppliers of innovative closure systems and modules as well as offers a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
Closures Technical Centre is focused on the design, development and testing of Mechatronics products for the automotive industry.
Manage and control the operating costs of Global Product Engineering within an R&D environment; ensure that processes and systems are kept up to date, effectively and efficiently, protecting the security of the company. Prepare, present and ensure alignment between divisions for annual engineering budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Maintenance of sufficient documentation and evidence to provide auditable records regarding the financial matters of the company
- Keep management up to date and ensure compliance with all applicable governmental statutes and regulations
- Adhere to transfer pricing guidelines. Ensure Technical Services and Royalty agreements are in place. Provide input and advice to management on financial decisions
- Manage the timely and accurate performance of all accounting activities, including; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, cost accounting, fixed assets, financial reports, cash management
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures related to accounting and finance; ensure department customer service efficiency with all employees
- Develop and implement global processes and procedures to support changing business demands as required
- Oversee the purchasing activities of the company
- Assist internal and/or outside financial auditors to guarantee accuracy
- Develop and prepare the annual capital and operating budgets and quarterly forecasts; review and approve capital project justifications and economic analysis for proposed capital expenditures
- Participates in and provides leadership to maintenance, continuous improvement auditing and compliance quality standards
- Responsible and accountable to lead, manage, support and provide direction to staff within the departments through effective goals/objectives setting, performance monitoring and reviews, communication, and the execution training and development plans
- Collect, measure and monitor data relating to engineering rates, billings and variances. Ensures internal division alignment
- Lead budget and forecasting process. Department budget preparation, reviews and measures of attainment. Prepare cost roll up and divisional billings. Presentation of budgets/forecasts
- Responsible for hedging/foreign exchange risk analysis
- Adhere to monthly, quarterly, annual reporting, budget and forecasting requirements and deadlines
- Adhere to Magna minimum controls, SOX policies and requirements
- Follows Magna's Code of Conduct & Ethics and related compliance policies
Knowledge and Education
- CA, CMA and/or CGA designation and post-secondary school degree are required
- Knowledge of payroll maintenance and reporting preferred
- Knowledge of Solomon, advanced Excel and Word. Excel skills: pivot tables, logic functions, some VBA/macro knowledge.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years financial controlling experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to manage several complex projects at a time and establish priorities for direct reports
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills to resolve issues with other department members and managers
- Ability to proactively identify, facilitate and resolve issues
- Works in a comfortable environment either inside or outside in typically pleasant conditions. Typical conditions are such that no risk of any injury or harmful effect is likely.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job process are available upon request