Healthcare Without Walls
We are looking for a full-time Controller to join our team at our St. Johnâ€™s, NL office.
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission â€œto provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serveâ€, Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are, in their homes, communities, or other locations where they live their lives. With almost 200 employees and over 300 clients throughout the United States and Canada, you share the companyâ€™s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most.
Why Work With Us
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource - our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program.
What We Are Looking For In You
We are looking for a natural leader with a solid background in accounting and finance to join our team as the Controller. With operations in both the United States and Canada, the Controller will play a crucial role in monitoring the companyâ€™s financial health and evaluating the effectiveness of systems and processes. If you have keen eye for detail, exceptional analytical abilities, proven leadership skills and a strong knowledge of financial reporting and forecasting, this may be the role for you!
Reporting to the CEO, youâ€™ll be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the preparation and analysis of financial statements, to help drive the organization to achieve financial objectives. Youâ€™ll be responsible for the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of the companyâ€™s financial results. Your strong analytical and problem-solving skills will help you as you consistently review our internal accounting processes to identify efficiencies; followed by the execution of plans to eliminate inefficiencies and provide businessinsights. Your in-depth knowledge of the company's expenses and business trends will provide insights into the forecasting and budgeting process.
Youâ€™ll use your exceptional communication skills and business acumen to work effectively with all cross functional teams in order to quickly identify possible efficiencies. You will continuously devise strategies for continuous improvement of companywide financial performance and serve as a subject matter expert for your area; including modelling, forecasting, and analyzing expenses to identify opportunities for cost saving.
Your overall responsibilities will include full oversight of all financial reporting, month-end and year-end closing, and daily operational accounting. You will ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results while ensuring accuracy and integrity of details. Additionally, you will coordinate the financial review, handle tax compliance and reporting, cash flow forecasting and preparation of the Board financial package.
As a leader, youâ€™ll provide coaching and guidance to your team through regular check-ins and engagement. Building alignment and relationships across the organization is a strategic priority for you and you will use your exceptional communicational skills to do just that!
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Consult and collaborate with external auditors on an ongoing basis as well as coordinate annual audits and quarterly reviews;
- Oversee tax and other legislation compliance in all reporting jurisdictions, including monthly HST and HAPSET returns;
- Prepare monthly and year end financial statements and provide valuable analysis and action plans to senior leadership;
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting transactions â€“ AR and AP;
- Keep track of KPIs by developing dashboards and other reports;
- Prepare annual budgets and support the budget process with each department;
- Publish reports: Current expenditures VS budget for each department;
- Generate reporting that informs department leaders of trends, issues and/or opportunities identified via analysis of key financial and operational data;
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management;
- Determining and overseeing inter-company transfers;
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly and year-end financial statements, general ledger, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, fixed assets, prepaids, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
The skills and qualifications required to excel in this position include:
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting field such Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce, or equivalent accounting experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- CPA/professional accounting designation required;
- Proficient with MS Office applications and experience using accounting software (such as QuickBooks, Sage or similar program);
- Superior Excel skills;
- Familiar with US currency and foreign exchange allocations is considered an asset;
- Experience with US and Canadian accounting principles is an asset;
- Excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills;
- Superior attention to detail and a positive attitude is a must for this role;
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment, and confidentiality;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of an organization and contributing to employee engagement and a positive company culture;
- Ability to organize and manage workload while taking into consideration changing priorities, tight deadlines, volume of work, and available resources.
Itâ€™s an exciting time at FONEMED and you will have the opportunity to experience and impact the changing face of telehealth in North America. If you want to join this engaged and growing team, please apply as soon as possible for this opportunity!
FONEMED is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.fonemed.com.
Powered by JazzHR