Your new company
This client of Hays. a reputable boutique healthcare service provider, is looking to hire a Controller to join their team. This position will report into the General manager and be responsible for providing accurate and timely financial results to the company's executive team. This is an opportunity to thrive in a well-rounded and dynamic role with a company that has a true sense of community amongst its employees and clients.
Your new role
As the qualified Controller, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including monthly reconciliation for but not limited to; Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Service Contract, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Banking and Investments
- Manage the budgeting process and assemble and summarize data for management, Board and Participant reporting including but not limited to; Monthly/quarterly/annual close, Preparation of financial statements and reports, Budget to actual variance analyses, Forecasts and Cash flow projections
- Monitor investment performance and investment portfolio mix
- Manage and comply with GAAP, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead and manage annual financial business plans process including revenue and surplus forecasts
- Manage annual financial audit process with Board approved auditors
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Lead Finance business continuity planning
- Consolidate and analyze financial data, taking into account the organization's goals to develop forecast models
- Ensure highest quality of service to internal and external customers
- Work with the Business Analyst to provide creative alternatives and recommendations to expand Participant's surplus and improve operational efficiencies
- Develop financial models (i.e. cost of ownership by supplier), conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Work with the Business Analyst to identify trends (cost of ownership, surplus, long term stabilization fund, etc.), advise organization and recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to strengthen and maintain internal controls
- Liaise with Business Analyst, external auditors, and investment managers and Finance Committee as required
- Lead assigned projects or provide assistance as required
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function/role
- Liaise with other departments regarding teamwork and completion of strategic and operational objectives
What you'll need to succeed
As the Financial Controller you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- University Degree, Accounting or Finance including CPA CA, CGA, CMA or equivalent designation required.
- 5+ years reporting, consolidation and financial management experience ideally in the medical equipment industry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Dynamics and proficient with other MS Office applications including hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop and foster strong relationships, experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Extreme attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills and an ability to multitask and prioritize projects within a rapidly dynamic work environment
- Affinity for processes and procedures
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
What you'll get in return
As the Controller you will have a starting salary anywhere from $80,000-$85,000 + 15% Bonus. You will also have 3-4 weeks of vacation, depending on level of experience; as well as, an attractive Benefits package that includes, health, dental, optional and specialist healthcare service providers and a competitive RRSP matching plan. This is a great opportunity to join a company that cares about its employees in an independent and challenging role that still allows for work life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
15% Bonus, Benefits & RRSP