Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
MASSIV Automated Systems, an advanced technology based division of Magna International Inc., specializes in the design and build of automated / robotic assembly lines for the automotive industry. Our areas of expertise include hemming (robotic and table top), laser welding, and assembly line welding. Our customers include other divisions within Magna and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford. We are a true global supplier to the automotive industry! Our assembly lines provide a diverse range of automotive products such as doors, hoods, liftgates and underbody parts to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe.
The Controls Designer will be responsible for working in a team environment on projects to develop a functional process for automated assembly lines. They will be required to design a process that adheres to all relevant safety regulations, develop controls schematics, PLC and HMI programming and be able provide direction in relation to robotic integration. Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and network design required as well as a thorough knowledge of the safety requirements related to automated assembly lines. Understanding of robot integration expected. Experience in robot programming and automated welding processes are considered an asset.
- Design and program welding lines from start of project to completion, including supervise the installation at the customer's facility
- Observe standards set out by Massiv Automated Systems and its customers
- Work on multi line projects as part of a team
- Ensure that job is completed on time and functioning safely and within quoted cycle time
- Ensure that the final design meets the customer's standards and specifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical design of welding lines
- Extensive knowledge of PLC and Robotic programming and control
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Allen Bradley/Rockwell software and communication
- Advanced knowledge of Data Highway, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet and other communication protocols
- Excellent knowledge of resistance welding, electrical standards and latest safety standards
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Good understanding of programmable motion control and robot integration
- Office and shop floor environment
- Overtime hours may be required
- Day/overnight and/or extended travel required to customers sites
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.