We are looking for a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic Cook 1 to join our Summerhill PARC in the heart of Lonsdale, North Vancouver.
Cook 1 Responsibilities:
- Help to prepare and serve food, restaurant and bistro style;
- Maintain a clean kitchen and workspace;
- Assist to receive and store food deliveries and;
- Ensuring all food is prepared and served to residents at proper temperatures and in appropriate portions.
Cook 1 Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in food service handling procedures and restaurant experience in a similar position;
- Culinary diploma or equivalent experience and skills;
- Knowledge and experience in creative food preparation, accurate portion control, food preparation in accordance with menus and use of commercial kitchen equipment;
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to follow instructions;
- Completed Food Safe 1 and WHMIS program;
- Must be able to work in a team with a positive and cooperative attitude;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and empathy towards the employees, our residents, their families and their professional service providers.
Perks of the Job:
- Meaningful work, knowing you are making the difference in seniors lives every day;
- Fun is one of core values! We encourage fun, supportive, team environments;
- Prospect BBQ’s, Summer Resident Picnics and other fun employee events;
- Living Wage Certified,competitive benefits package and annual bonus eligibility;
- Encouraging continuous learning and career development with opportunity for advancement!
Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. PARC Retirement Living is an award-winning developer and operator of purpose-built, independent senior living communities. We’re looking for caring and genuine people who are passionate about service excellence and are driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors.
Live out your passion for people and service excellence. Apply now at www.parcliving.ca/careers.
As a senior-living retirement residence, PARC provides an essential service under the rules established by Emergency Management BC. We will continue to operate safely through the COVID-19 pandemic, and fill essential support roles. We’re also taking every precaution to keep our team members safe, to date, there have been no known cases of COVID-19 in PARC communities.