What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented according to Atria standards.
- Provide a high level of culinary customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the Director of Culinary Services and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Art of Atria Dining enhancement programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensures that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to Company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicates needs to Director of Culinary Services or assistant Director of Culinary Services.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Will attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law and/or Company standards.
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
Cook, prep cook, line cook, kitchen help, kitchen, banquet, culinary, hotel, hospitality, country club, resort, food service, food