Amenida Seniors' Community has provided supportive living for seniors for more than 20 years. Amenida is centrally located among the many amenities of the Newton area of Surrey BC. We offer independent living, assisted living, and respite services.
We have an immediate opening for 1-2 part-time and casual cooks to join our team! Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparing and serving meals, accepting and putting away deliveries, operating equipment in a safe and sanitary manner and in the absence of the Food Services Manager is responsible for the operation of the kitchen
Specifically, the Cook will be responsible for:
- Prepares all food items according to the established menu, according to schedule and in accordance with therapeutic or textured diets as needed.
- Controls portioning of food items ensuring recipe yield meets assigned quantity servings.
- Receives directions from the Manager of Food Services and records information consistent with Policies & Procedures.
- Ensures food rotation is followed and all storage areas are properly maintained.
- Maintains sanitary conditions and practices safe food handling techniques.
- Gives feedback to the Food Services Manager regarding menu, recipes, food quality and quantity, production methods and the use of leftovers.
- Monitors temperature of coolers, freezers and prepared food to ensure food safety.
- Prepares food for special catering as well as gathers supplies for activity events as needed.
- Participates in in-services and departmental meetings.
- Performs cleaning and other assigned duties as requested by the Food Services Manager.
- Prepares and places food orders in the absence of the Food Services Manager if needed.
- Receives and inspects deliveries of food and supplies, advising the Food Services Manager of any errors or irregularities.
- Reads and understands relevant departmental and interdepartmental communications
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Journeymen papers in trade of cooking and a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Experience in a la carte, banquets, cold & hot kitchen and/or institutional cooking
- Food Safe Certificate
- Able to lift heavy items
- Able to work under pressure in busy kitchen environment
- Able to work with and direct others when necessary
- Must have a high standard of personal hygiene
- Must have high standards of sanitation.
- Able to communicate tactfully and maturely with residents, staff, suppliers, volunteers, family, and guests.
- Able to read and write English and follow instructions
- TB Clearance
- Medical Certificate from a physician
- Criminal Record Check
Check out our website for sample menus:
Western - http://www.homecareliving.ca/community/menu
Korean - http://www.homecareliving.ca/korean-seniors/lifestyle-and-services#korean-menu