â€œLet food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.â€ â€“ Hippocrates
A department that truly helps everyone in our home, our Dietary staff ensures that our residents are provided with nutritious and delicious meals to keep them energized and ready for each day. As a pivotal member to this team, you will prepare the meals that sustain our residents! Are you ready to get started?
As a Cook you will be accountable for:
- Reviewing all menus and preparing food and following standardized recipes and production sheets
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager, assist with their responsibilities
- Monitoring quality and quantity of food supplies and recommending corrective action when need be regarding quality
- Coaching Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment
- Maintaining all required records and working with other departments to meet resident needs
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
Must meet one of the two (2) following qualification scenarios:
- Chef training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act; or
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act
Additional qualifications include:
- Red Seal Cook Trade Certification preferred
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred
- Experience in a long-term care facility is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment
Interested applicants should apply directly through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
Powered by JazzHR