As a global leader in advanced cabling and connectivity solutions, Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of best-in-class products and innovative services. For over 120 years, innovation has been the company's hallmark, enabling Nexans to drive a safer, smarter and more efficient future together with its customers.
Today, the Nexans Group is committed to facilitating energy transition and supporting the exponential growth of data by empowering its customers in four main business areas: Building & Territories (including utilities, smart grids, e¬mobility), High Voltage & Projects (covering offshore wind farms, submarine interconnections, land high voltage), Telecom & Data (covering data transmission, telecom networks, hyperscale data centers, LAN), and Industry & Solutions (including renewables, transportation, Oil & Gas, automation, and others).
Corporate Social Responsibility is a guiding principle of Nexans' business activities and internal practices. In 2013 Nexans became the first cable provider to create a Foundation supporting sustainable initiatives bringing access to energy to disadvantaged communities worldwide. The Group's commitment to developing ethical, sustainable and high-quality cables drives its active involvement within several leading industry associations, including Europacable, The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), International Cablemakers Federation (ICF) or CIGRE to mention a few.
Nexans employs more than 26,000 people with industrial footprint in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide. In 2017, the Group generated 6.4 billion euros in sales. Nexans is listed on Euronext Paris, compartment A.
Country : Canada - Location : Fergus, ON
Function : Technical
Contract Type : 4 month coop
- Works on assigned projects designed to improve manufacturing processes
- Ensures that proper manufacturing procedures are followed
- Identifies and solves production process problems in conjunction with other areas
- Conducts tests and experiments to analyze problem areas
- Evaluates new suppliers
- Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives, scrap and cost reduction plans
- Creates or modifies engineering procedures and train Operators on those procedures
- Control inventory of tools and dies in order to ensure that adequate materials are ready available when required
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing
- Complies with Nexans policies as well as departmental procedures
- Understanding of continuous improvement process and lean manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Project management skills
- General business understanding
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Hands on type individual
- Ongoing study towards a University Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical or related Engineering
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- PC skills
- PLC skills are an asset
Nexans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. During the hiring process, should you be selected for an interview, accommodations will be provided.