POSITION: COordinator - Environment
Vancouver, BC (CANADA)
Do you want to be part of a growing company and a team of experienced professionals?
We are always looking for new talent, come join our team!
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager – Environment, the Coordinator – Environment will provide support for environmental activities for the company’s renewable energy projects in development, construction, and operation, located mainly inCanada and the United States.
The main responsibilitiesare as follow:
- Research and understand environmental permitting and approvals associated with renewable energy projects in Canada and the USA (provincial/state/federal laws and regulations);
- Assist with the preparation of documentation to be submitted to regulatory agencies, including data review and analysis, annual compliance reports, monitoring studies and notifications;
- Support management of ongoing long-term environmental monitoring programs foroperating hydroelectric, wind and solar projects;
- Assist with the development of internal environmental policies and procedures, and staff training materials;
- Participate in or manage internal special projects as requested;
- Support project advancement using tools such as tracking tables, lists, schedules and other creative methods;
- Liaise with partners, stakeholders, regulatory agencies and members of the public, as required;
- Research topicsand develop solutions to ongoing environmental project tasks;
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Strong sense of ownership for individual tasks and overall team objectives;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and a context of changing priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written andspoken);
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and interact with diverse stakeholders;
- Enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and join a seasoned team of environmental professionals;
- An interest in the outdoors, environmental issues and responsible natural resource development.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably Environmental Studies, Science or a related program;
- 2-5 years ofexperience, preferably in environmental consulting, government or industry;
- Experience with environmental studies (field work in particular) in the natural resources sector;
- Experience in the renewable energy industry, an asset;
- Experience working with and managing specialist environmental consultants;
- Proficiency in MS Office, with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to participate in periodic short field visits(1-3 days);
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken); knowledge of French or Spanish, an asset.
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France and Chile. The Corporation develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar parks exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded corporation, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The position will be based at our Vancouver office.
HR@innergex.com ● www.innergex.com
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.