Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Environmental Risk and Compliance
Position type : 13-month contract
The Coordinator, Environmental Risk and Compliance at Ivanhoé Cambridge will report to the Director, Environmental Risk and Compliance and will support the implementation of the Ivanhoé Cambridge Environmental Management System throughout the portfolio. _ Specific responsibilities include:_
- Support the environmental due diligence process during investments;
- Coordinate the annual environmental audit program, which includes environmental site assessments, asbestos re-assessments, waste audits, and environmental compliance audits;
- Assist with the preparation of request for proposals and tender documents and prepare Environmental Services Contracts;
- Prepare a work schedule for the audit program and supervise individual projects to ensure a timely completion and to avoid budget over-runs;
- Log all environmental reports and maintain the environmental reports registry up-to-date;
- Maintain a good record of environmental report findings and conclusions as well as the environmental condition of assets across the portfolio;
- Discuss the environmental report findings with the Environmental Risk and Compliance Team;
- Review environmental reports, interpret the findings for colleagues and provide comments to consultants to make any necessary revisions;
- Provide technical support to property management teams regarding emergency response procedures, asbestos and mould management, chemical storage practices, waste reduction and recycling and other environmental matters;
- Coordinate environmental training, as required;
- Review updates to environmental regulations and assess any impacts to operations;
- Maintain liaison with various internal departments and maintain a good business relationship with external consultants and contractors;
- Process invoices for payment on a timely basis;
- Responsibilities include basic administration work.
- University undergraduate degree with an emphasis on environmental studies;
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a related environmental position;
- Proven track record of environmental project management experience; Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Able to manage multi-site projects simultaneously under strict deadlines;
- Considerable comfort in dealing with third parties;
- Ability to work independently under pressure, in a fast-paced work environment;
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English required;
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint, and knowledge of AutoCAD 2000 LT;
- Willingness to learn and not afraid to tackle challenging projects.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.