Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Édifice J-Parizeau - Bureau
Position type : Salarié
Reporting to the Senior Director, Technical Services and Security, the incumbent is directly responsible for implementing, managing and ensuring compliance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s physical safety and fire prevention programs. Responsibilities include overseeing proper emergency planning and regular testing of emergency response and management protocols.
- Plan, organize and lead designated activities, including fire safety and prevention services; closely monitor service quality with a focus on efficiency and ongoing quality improvement;
- Support, train, evaluate and supervise all team members;
- Provide security staff with the information they need to carry out activities in compliance with organizational objectives and support other departments in their operations;
- Manage and administer the security guard service contract, ensuring that all such services are carried out in accordance with the stipulated terms;
- Analyze the insurer’s requirements and make recommendations;
- Actively participate in developing, formulating and updating processes and policies for the Quebec office;
- Ensure compliance with fire safety and prevention standards and regulations;
- Advise management, tenants and other departments on how to protect properties, possessions and individuals;
- Create and track the budget for security operations of designated buildings, follow up on invoicing, assist with business development for the tenant loan service, prepare service proposals and track revenue;
- Design and regularly update a capital investment plan (Capex);
- Ensure that all emergency measures and resources are put into place without delay and conduct incident postmortems to identify areas for improvement;
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with procedures and policies assigned to the department and continuously identify opportunities to improve efficiency;
- Identify risk factors related to the environment, fire prevention and the owner’s requirements and submit a write-up to the relevant departments for recommendations;
- Maintain relationships with the organization’s partners and external resources such as CSIS, the RCMP, the Montreal police department (SPVM), ambulance services (Urgences-santé), the fire department (SIM) and the Réseau d'information sécurité Montréal (RISM);
- Carry out any other related tasks.
- College-level studies (AEC) in commercial and industrial safety, fire prevention or other equivalent/better education in a relevant field;
- Eight years of experience in the security field, including two years as a manager in a similar environment;
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and by-laws relevant to security management and fire prevention in a commercial building;
- Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and practices in the following fields: security operations, emergency management, operating procedures, post orders, fire prevention and firefighting;
- Employee management skills, including the ability to delegate tasks, put together dynamic teams and effectively mentor, motivate, guide and empower employees;
- Ability to manage crisis situations, resolve problems and conflicts, and perform under pressure;
- Leadership and organization/prioritization skills;
- Team player with a commitment to continuously improving customer service quality;
- Availability to answer calls and travel outside of work hours;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with the technology used in various security systems;
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.