Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services Support, the incumbent is responsible for the effective execution of assigned activities, including procurement services, vertical transportation systems management, service contracts, tasks related to the asbestos and crystalline silica management program, environmental certification and corporate compliance.
- Analyze, plan, coordinate, oversee and closely monitor the quality of operations assigned to him or her, in accordance with the strictest standards;
- Ensure adherence to and effective management of departmental budgets;
- Monitor operations related to service contracts and the preventive maintenance program for vertical transportation systems on a daily basis; analyze manufacturer’s recommendations and oversee equipment upkeep;
- In partnership with the corporate procurement group, negotiate and manage calls for tenders and agreements with suppliers and ensure that everything is executed in accordance with internal policies and in the most cost-effective manner possible;
- Manage plans and specifications (timely receipt, distribution, feedback and resubmission to project managers) for all development, renovation and construction projects involving the gamut of technical services (HVAC, plumbing, building services, architecture and electricity);
- Ensure compliance, archiving and follow-up for project completion documents (QRT, TQC, warranties, preventive maintenance manuals, corrective measures, service contract proposals and codification);
- Oversee parts and materials procurement;
- Provide supervision and oversee training and development of assigned staff. Conduct annual performance reviews and monitor progress with respect to established goals and career development plans;
- Impress upon staff members the importance of controlling supplies;
- Supervise activities related to the removal of asbestos and silica by an external contractor;
- Keep logs, procedures and plans related to asbestos and silica operations up to date;
- Check information entered into the HMIS system and update the asbestos/silica management program annually;
- Act as the primary resource for asbestos management matters at Place Ville Marie;
- Ensure the effective management of the ventilation duct cleaning program and regular cleaning of induction units;
- Play an active role on the Place Ville Marie workplace health and safety committee;
- Play an active role in maintaining and renewing environmental certification;
- Play an active role in corporate compliance management and follow-up with regard to technical services;
- Review and approve purchase orders for technical services to be rebilled to clients;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
- College diploma (DCS) in procurement management, administration, building management or a similar discipline;
- Solid understanding of building management;
- Three to five years of practical experience as a technical services and/or procurement coordinator or in a similar role;
- Demonstrated familiarity with technical knowledge related to the position;
- Leadership style focused on coaching, participation, engagement and motivation;
- Good sense of initiative and judgment; highly organized and self-directed;
- Knowledge of inventory and procurement management;
- Ability to adhere to established deadlines;
- Strong command of spoken and written French; working knowledge of spoken and written English, an asset;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Proven ability to work in a computerized environment; proficiency in Word, Excel and One World.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.