Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Basic Function: Reporting directly to the Department Head - Microbiology, the Analyst I will be responsible for providing basic technical support and analysis within the Microbiology Testing Laboratory. This is a deadline-based, high-pressure work environment with on-going projects for a variety of clients.
The Analyst I will have some experience in handling instrumentation analyses and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The incumbent must be energetic, exceedingly well-organized, flexible, and must have the ability to interact with customers and staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
** Please note: there are 2 roles available for this posting - 1 in biopharmaceutical testing, 1 in cannabis testing. Applicants with a strong preference should specify their area of interest in their cover letter.**
The Analyst 1 must:
- Be a capable instrument or equipment operator;
- Be experienced on a number of wide variety routine and some non-routine microbiology techniques, methods and procedures;
- Be proficient at data retrieval and interpretation of routine analysis or tests;
- Have basic troubleshooting skills, both with instruments and methods;
- Be able to write lab reports;
- Be able to work under Health Canada guidelines; familiarity with USP, GMP and GLP is essential;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) when conducting the following duties:
- Perform sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses;
- Plan and organize daily work;
- Meet Quality and Turnaround Time specifications required by the client;
- Identify and communicate non-conformances to Supervisor;
- Employ proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials;
- Support and comply with Eurofins Health & Safety program.
- Media preparation;
- Sample preparation;
- Mobile phases preparation;
- Specific basic tests
- Running multiple samples and systems on a daily basis;
- Documentation: Ensuring accurate reporting in lab books.
- A B.Sc. degree preferably in Microbiology, or diploma in related field;
- A solid background and understanding of microbiology is mandatory;
- Computer proficiency Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- 1-3 years working in microbiology-related industries;
- Experience working in a virology lab;
- Environmental Monitoring experience;
- Experience working in a contract laboratory considered an asset.
Other Required Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of disinfectant efficacy studies;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A good command of English is necessary;
- Must be able to handle a variety of samples, including fish, meat, nuts, and controlled substances (narcotics, cannabis, etc.);
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, while supporting a collaborative, team-based department;
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and able to demonstrate a high level of productivity;
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance record;
- Display a high level of professionalism;
- Willingness to learn with the ability to retain information quickly and apply knowledge to various scenarios.
Working Conditions: This position isbased in alaboratoryenvironment; significant time spent standing at a bench, working with chemicals and biologicals, and in a time-sensitiveproduction role. Lifting requirements of up to 30lbs on a regular basis.Extra hours,weekends and evenings will be required. Candidates currently livingwithin a commutable distance ofthe GTA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.
No agencies please!