Job Title: CorporateAttorney REQ#18000045
Entrust Datacard is looking for a commercialattorney to join the legal team in Kanata, Ontario, Canada to report directlyto the Associate General Counsel. Thesuccessful candidate will work closely with the in-house legal team, businesssegments and sales associates on diverse matters, including drafting andnegotiating complex technology, cloud services, distribution, marketing andother commercial agreements. Sometravel, domestic and international, may be required.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts insupport of the Entrust Datacard business segments, alliances and salesassociates, including software agreements, cloud-based agreements, servicesagreements, RFPs, consulting agreements and other technology related agreements
- Collaborate with internal clients at all levels toeffectively minimize legal risk to the business while supporting and assistingin the achievement of the company’s business and strategic objectives
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of thecompany’s business and business practices
- Engage in a participative and proactive style oflegal practice in order to best serve internal clients
- Conduct research on applicable laws and regulationsregarding commercial and compliance matters
- Serve as a designated point of contact for legaldepartment for certain business segment(s)
- Work in collaboration with other in-house attorneysand outside counsel
- Track document approval and signature process toensure that agreements are in place when required and are properly executed incompliance with company policies
- Assist with other matters as assigned.
- Canadian or United States Law Degree (LLB or Juris Doctor (JD))
- Member in good standing of a state bar and/or provincial law society (preference will go to members of the LSUC)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant, post-law school experience, preferably in an in-house corporate environment
- Good sense of humor and interest in working in a multi-jurisdictional team environment
- Strong skills in interpreting, drafting and negotiating sophisticated contracts, particularly with regard to software, cloud services technologies and licensing
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, take a leadership role in driving solutions, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organization and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to think strategically and give practical and business oriented advice
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment for a successful, growing company with very high expectations
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of transactions in a global environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Adaptable, flexible, comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to travel 10%
- Prior experience working with dataprivacy and information security practices; ideally with the cybersecurityindustry (e.g., digital certificate and PKI or similar industries)
- Technical background ideal but notrequired (e.g., engineering or software development)
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovativecolleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected,mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise helpgovernment agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, oursolutions secure billions of transactions— and every day, ourtechnologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do wedo all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected,mobile and secure life.
For moreinformation, visit www.entrustdatacard.com.Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacardencourages applications from all qualified candidates.Contact Nicole Mair firstname.lastname@example.org 613-270-3490 if you need accommodation atany stage of the application process or want more information on ouraccommodation policies.
Entrust Datacard Limited is an EOE/People with Disabilitiesemployer.