Requisition ID: 30150
Job Category: Marketing; Shared Services
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Corporate Communications Specialist (contract) will assist in the development of communication activities that support Hatch. Primarily, this role will contribute to the execution of Hatch's internal communications deliverables. We're looking for a candidate who can combine solid writing skills, strong communication skills, and project management capabilities with an ability to make a difference.
- Collaborating with the other members of the corporate communications team to deliver communication deliverables
- Being able to write for and contribute to Hatch's internal editorial content- with daily publishing timelines
- Developing and revising global announcements
- Supporting the execution of corporate events with script and video development
- Writing for and contributing to various communications and marketing materials, such as presentations, event collateral, media releases, online content, intranet, and social media
- Managing content on Hatch's intranet, including all associated documents
- Managing global newsletters
- Developing and executing strategic communications plans/campaigns and related materials collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Researching and compiling relevant and highly technical information for content drafts
- Liaising directly with leadership outside of the marketing department and across various disciplines, practices, and geographies
- Exercising excellent listening and comprehension abilities
This role is well-suited for a self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving and project management abilities. The successful candidate can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks while never sacrificing quality of the work delivered.
- A College Diploma or University Degree in the field of Communications, Journalism, or English
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of work experience in the field
- Experience working in the construction, engineering, or technology industries would be an asset
- Knowledge of Chicago Style Guide is an asset
- Strong written communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet all deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of client relationship management and/or industry best practices
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team
- Adaptability in a dynamic, complex, and fast past delivery environment
- Creativity and experience with a wide range of innovative communications approaches
- Professional and friendly attitude with excellent customer service skills
- Experience gathering and analyzing business requirements and highly technical information
- Strong computer skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset
- English/French bilingualism would be an asset
- Experience using social media as an internal communications tool would be an asset
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.